17

Finns pov

After several minutes of getting Millie up and dressed, then forcing her to eat something, I become aware of something. She's definitely not happy. Not at all. The look in her eyes is something that I never wanted to see. Not with anyone, much less a girl that I'm in love with. I tried lightening the mood, but it didn't work. Nothing made her broken expression better. I just hoped this would.

"We're walking through the woods?" Millie asks.

I turn around at her comment, knowing this is probably the last thing she wants to do.

"Yeah. Not too far, just follow Gaten and I."

She looks back down and I wait for her to get in front of me so I can keep an eye on her. I was kind of worried that she was going to run off again.

"Sadie and Caleb there?" I ask Gaten.

He doesn't turn around, he keeps waking.

"Yeah, they met them there" he says.

Millie looks up and turns her head towards me.

"What- what's going on?" she asks. I want to tell her now before she sees it for herself, but I plan on waiting.

"Like I said, we're going to fix this."

She scrunches her eyebrows in confusion but doesn't ask any more questions. Instead she turns around and keeps walking.

I'd planned this with Caleb and Gaten for weeks now and only recently did Sadie join in. They all wanted revenge but thought we should leave Millie out of it till the time was right. Apparently, Millie mentioned to Sadie that she wanted to go home but Sadie quickly changed her mind, saying that things were going to get better. This was going to make things better.

"Finn."

I look up to see Millie walking next to me.

"Yeah?"

"...are you planning something stupid?"

I smile.

"And what's stupid to you?"

"This isn't funny, Finn" she says, seriously. My smile drops at her harsh tone.

Suddenly, we arrive at a very familiar place.

"In here" Gaten says, pointing to some bushes.

I look back at Millie and saw her swallow hard.

"Finn, why are we here?" she asks. We were at the same cliff that Jack and Wyatt found us at.

"Go Millie, please."

Gaten crawls through and eventually Millie does too. I follow, emerging through the scratchy plants and look over at Millie, brushing the leaves off her back.

Gaten turns his head and looks around.

"Ah over there" he says, pointing.

We starts to jog over to some people, which I now realize is Caleb and Sadie...and Jack and Wyatt. A bloody faced Jack and Wyatt, may I add.

"God, damn it Caleb" Gaten says when we finally got close enough to them.

"I told you not to-"

"Shut the fuck up, Gaten" Caleb says. He is noticeably angry.

I turn to Millie and see her horrified expression. It wasn't a pretty scene I'll admit. I didn't know Caleb would take it upon himself to do this before we arrived. Both Jack and Wyatt were sitting up on a big rock with busted lips and significant damage to their faces. The thing was they didn't look dazed or scared, they were both smiling.