07

Finns pov

Pounding. On a wall maybe? No not that. Pounding. Where's it coming from?

My eyes fluttered open as I began to wake up. Then I realized the "pounding" was actually coming from my head. It ached so bad and I winced every time a sharp pain struck. I looked around as my eyes adjusted to my surroundings. Lucky for me I was laying in bed, in my cabin- wait this wasn't my cabin. I panicked for a moment until I took in my surrounding. Clothes, papers, books- I was in Millie's cabin.

I let out a sigh of relief but then another question filled my mind. Where is Millie? I had slept on my side so I quickly turned around to look at the rest of the room. I couldn't help but smile when I saw that she was sleeping peacefully next to me. Surprisingly enough, my sudden movement didn't disturb her, so I laid back down facing her. I stared at her for awhile, studying each and every small detail she had. Then the events of last night started rushing in my head.

Things were kind of fuzzy and the very prominent pain wasn't helping but I could make out important bits. I remember the countless shots I took and the way the mist from the ocean felt against my skin. I remember the way Millie danced and...the way I kissed her and the way she kissed me back. I really remembered that. In fact it was more vivid then any of the other memories made last night. I smiled and felt my face get heat up at the thought, when suddenly Millie began to stir in her sleep.

Her eyes shot open and focused on me. I smiled at her, expecting her to smile back but instead her eyebrows furrowed and her eyes widened. Then it hit me. I should've gotten out of bed with her when I woke up. She obviously had the wrong idea.

"I'm sorry Millie" I said pulling the covers back and jumping out of the bed. She sat up looking at me with a more confused expression.

"Um its- its fine I guess" she said, running her fingers through her tangled hair.

"I should leave" I said, picking my stuff up off the floor.

"No"

I looked up at her. She now had a softer expression on her face and was biting her lip nervously.

"You can stay, Finn"

"Uh okay" I said, dropping the items I had just picked up back on the ground. I walked over and sat on the end of the bed, looking down.

"My head hurts" she said.

I laughed and looked over at her. "Mine does too. Its called a hangover".

"I don't like it" she said, locking her eyes with mine.

I laughed and smiled at her and she eventually smiled back as we continued to look into each others eyes.

"So um...what happened last night?" she asked, looking down.

My smile faded and I felt a little hurt but I couldn't expect her to remember much, she definitely drank more than me last night.

"Oh um... do you not remember anything?" I asked.

She looked back up and her face reddened as she suppressed a smile.