10

Millies pov

I'm running. I'm running fast, so fast that I can feel sharp pains go up my legs each time I slam my foot against the ground. Someone is yelling my name in the distance but I don't turn around. I'm scared. So scared, but I don't dare stop running.

"Millie!"

They're getting closer. I can hear them stomp into the ground as they began to catch up. My heart is beating fast and I can practically hear the vibrations in my ears. Things are getting fuzzy. Things are getting dark.

"Millie!!" I feel them put their hand on my shoulder and I stop running.

"Millie! Please wake up!"

I open my eyes. Finn is standing above me and he looks scared.

"Millie you were dreaming or- having a nightmare. Its okay come here".

He lifts me up and takes me into his arms. I start to realize whats going on, that I was in fact having a nightmare. Tears were falling from my eyes and I could feel myself shaking against Finn as he rubbed his hand on my back, trying his hardest to calm me down. He kept whispering sweet things in my ears and kissed the tears off my cheeks. We sat there for a moment as I gathered myself together.

"It wasn't real?" I ask.

"No Millie it wasn't. Its still dark out do you wanna try and go back to sleep?" He pulled away from me and looked into my eyes. I must look like a mess, I was sweaty and red faced from crying.

"Yes but Finn...don't leave". I swallowed at my words realizing I probably sounded desperate. But I didn't want him to leave. I'm scared and I don't know why but I do know I don't want to be alone.

"I'm not gonna leave Millie". He laid me back down and put his hand to my wet face.

"Thank you".

"Don't mention it. Try to sleep".

He climbed over and laid on his side facing me. I felt exhausted and even though I wanted to stay up with Finn and talk, I found myself drifting off again. Finally I fell asleep peacefully.

-

"Wake up, baby".

I felt myself regain consciousness but I also felt a pair of lips trail the side of my face.

"Hmmm?" I didn't open my eyes because I knew exactly who is was. I smiled slightly.

"I" kiss "want to" kiss "take you" kiss "somewhere" kiss "today". He continued to smother me in kisses.

"Well when you put it like that". I opened my eyes meeting his. He frowned.

"You look tired".

"And you're an ass". I sat up pushing him off of me, slightly annoyed by the comment but in reality I was really tired.

"Don't be like that". He scooped me into his arms and tightened his grip as if I would try and escape. "You had a bad night".

"I remember". I looked up at him meeting his eyes. "I want to kiss you". He grinned wide and took his bottom lip in between his teeth before moving his head closer to mine.

"What's stopping you?" he said. I raised an eyebrow.

"You're ruining my whole reputation you know that? I haven't picked up a book in weeks and guess who's fault that is?"

"Not mine". He leaned even closer. So close that I could feel his breath against my chin. He nudged my nose with his own and I scrunched my face playfully.