Chapter 2~ Meeting the States; Part One

(Quick note: A lot of these characters designs are based off of 37054ljH's state ocs (Some with my own personal touch or spin to their genders), they're (I don't want to start off by offending them, because I don't want to start assuming genders) amazing, and have an amazing way of writing. I want to say that you should check out their books! I'm reading them, and I am always excited for the next chapter to come out! ttyl!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two states, one female and one male, were frozen in the middle of fighting, and were staring at America with wide eyes.

DC smoothly brushed past the surprised nations, and the angry American.

"Do we need to talk about something?" He asked loudly clapping his hands and staring at them with the same dead eyes as his father's. His voice had no sign of any emotion.

The two suddenly pushed each other away, hard, and both quickly stood up straight. Nervousness was evident in their expressions, and anyone could see the sweat starting to build up on their foreheads.

"Dad! DC! We didn't expect you two to come home so early!" The girl said to America, who still didn't look happy. The boy quietly squatted down to grab what the nations assumed was his cowboy hat that had fallen off during the fight, and put it back on while slowly standing back up, swallowing hard.

"Cali, you know very well we were going to be home soon, but you and Tex still had the nerve to pick a fight with each other," Washington DC started, slowly walking up to her, who straightened even more out fear, even though the two seemed to be of similar heights. 

"SO YOU GET ANGRY WHEN WE FIGHT BUT DON'T MIND IOWA WANDERING OFF!? WE THOUGHT SHE SECEDED BECAUSE SHE WAS ANGRY WITH NEBRASKA, SHE DIED, OR GOT KIDNAPPED! AND YOU DON'T YELL AT HER!? THIS IS UNFAIR! IOWA'S JUST A FLY OVER STATE! SHE DOESN'T HAVE A REAL PURPOSE, SHE'S NOT INTERESTING, AND SHE JUST DOESN'T STOP TALKING! PLUS SHE ALWAYS HAS HER NOSE IN A BOOK OR IS SHUTTING HERSELF DOWN IN THE BASEMENT!" The boy yelled. His hat covered his messy dirty blonde hair and shaded his bright green eyes. He was dressed in a dirty orange t-shirt, bootcut jeans and muddy cowboy boots. The buckle on his belt was intricately designed with the centerpiece being the Texas Longhorn that took up the most space on the object.

"Texas! At least when I became a state, I didn't want to leave right away!" They heard a calm yell coming from up one of the two staircases.

"Iowa! You became a state 364 days after me! Don't give me that bullshit! Plus part of you sympathized with us when we first broke away!" Texas yelled up the left stairs, where the voice seemingly came from. Suddenly the girl that they saw earlier, who they knew as Iowa, came racing down. Her bird flew down and landed on the railing staring at the Southern state with no noise at all. The girl had the same cold dead expression on her face.

"I thought we agreed to not talk about what you guys decided would be a wonderful idea of actually kidnapping me and some of my people!" She shot at him, and he glared right back at her. The girl that had been fighting with Texas earlier, looked shocked at Iowa's reaction.

"You. Did not. Just do that," He growled at her, the same cold expression on his face.

"I just did. In fact, I could list off everything wrong with you and the state you represent. It's a never ending list too. I could list a thousand things wrong with the other 49 states as well! To be honest, you'd all be-- Wait..." The girl cut herself off with a mischievous look on her face. The states in the foyer looked at her terrified.

"Not another one of Iowa's ideas! She always finds a way to screw us all over," A boy with messy brown hair similar to Spain's complained. His eyes were a dark brown, almost a red. He was dressed in just a plain t-shirt and sweatpants. He also had a necklace that said 'Arkansas' on it. All of the states present mumbled in agreement, except for one, who harshly cut in.