A kiss from heaven

Începe de la început

I smiled.

"But they'd be happy too." I straightened the creases on his brows with ny fingers.

"Well, I guess." He shrugged his shoulders. "But what about your paren......" he stopped in the midway and I lowered my eyes not wanting to face the topic.

As he loosened his grip a little, giving him a feeble smile I distanced myself and slowly walked out of the church not because of any overpowering burden in my chest but only to avoid the aroused discomforting situation.

The soon I came out I realised it was chilling outside as it was snowing. Having glanced at the clouded sky above I rubbed my palms together and kept walking slothfully till the railing of the cliff which was covered with a thick layer of snow. The snow falling aimlessly was beautifying everything like they were the kisses from heaven. Thanks to my high leather boots that eased my walking through it. Standing by the railing I realised I couldn't desire anything more from this life. The entire city from the altitude looked ethereal under such snow with the yellow lights of those huts and houses glowing like the fireflies. It definitely felt that those thousands of stars whom I wished to came falling from the heaven in the form of these snowflakes.

As I felt the touch of a known hand on mine which was resting on the iron railing, I felt peace.

"I'm...sorry Nandini. I didn't realise umm... I was talking in a flow and...." I stared at him excusing myself from those clouds above.

He kept studying my eyes to measure the depth of pain he caused me by his words.

"And I thought we are above this 'explanation business'.." I whispered near his ear and he still kept observing me.

"We just understand without explaining it to one another Manik. That's us. Don't change what we are." I asserted and he held my hand tighter with a promise of an eternity in those almond eyes.

"Every time I see you, I'm more convinced that we madly belong to each other." He uttered while I was noticing the snowflakes resting on his shoulder and chest.

"Because we aren't right for anyone else." Wrapping my hands around his, I rested my head on his bicep adding a new moment of peace to album of our happiness.

They don't know how special you are
They don't know what you've done to my heart
They can say anything they want 'cause they don't know about us

They don't know what we do best, that's between me and you, our little secret

But I wanna tell 'em
I wanna tell the world that you're mine girl

They don't know about the things we do
They don't know about the "I love yous"
But I bet you if they only knew
They would just be jealous of us,
They don't know about the up all nights
They don't know I've waited all my life
Just to find a love that feels this right
Baby they don't know about
They don't know about us

***

Next day
At college: