"It's gotten a lot better." She said.

"How mobile are you?" he asked.

"I can get around mostly by myself, I just need a little help getting up and down the stairs" she said.

"That is great to hear" he said with a smile

"How often do you take the pain meds?" he asked. Emma looked at Jimi and I.

"About every six hours or so depending on her pain" I said and he nodded.

"We were actually wondering if you could prescribe her something that doesn't make her as drowsy." Jimi asked.

"Yeah we can definitely do that, I know being tired all the time sucks" he said.

"Thank you" Emma said.

"You're welcome" he said. He took Emma's knee brace off and checked her incision from surgery.

"This is healing up nicely. I'm thinking we can take these stitches out" He said.

"That's great" I said with a smile. The doctor took the stitches out and moved on to her arm and took those stitches out as well. He also took the staples out of her head too. Then he checked her incision on her abdomen.

"This is healing up nicely too so I'm going to remove these as well" he said and took them out.

"Let's get you an x-ray to see how your ribs are doing" he said and she nodded. He took her to get x-rays and Jimi and I stayed in the exam room.

I leaned against the table with my arms crossed against my chest staring at the floor and Jimi was sitting in one of the chairs across from me. I was pretty silent. He stood up and walked over to me. He stood in front of me and put his hands on the outsides of my arms. He gently rubbed his thumbs back and forth on my arms.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked and I looked up at him.

"I just want everything to go well so she can go back to living a normal life" I said.

"Everything is already going well and she is getting better each day and soon she will be living a normal life again" he said and pulled me to his chest and kissed me.

"Why do you always know what to say?" I asked when we pulled apart. Then he wrapped me in a hug.

"Because I love you" he said.

"I love you too" I said.

A few minutes later Emma and the doctor walked back in.

"Her ribs are healing nicely and she can start physical therapy in a couple of weeks." He said.

"That's great" Jimi said.

"I'm going to write out a new prescription for Emma and then you guys can head out." He said.

"Alright, thank you so much" I said.

"No problem" he said and handed me the prescription.

"I'll see you back here in a couple of weeks to see how her ribs are doing and then hopefully she will be cleared to start physical therapy" he said.

"Thank you" Jimi and I said and we left the hospital. Jimi went to the car to pick us up by the doors so Emma wouldn't have to walk too far.

Jimi pulled the car to the doors and we climbed in. Jimi stopped at CVS on the way home to pick up Emma's new prescription. We also made a stop at the drive through at Burger King to get some lunch then headed home.

We got home and went inside. Emma grabbed her food and sat down at the table. Elijah ran over to Jimi and I. I picked him up and kissed his cheek.