H A V E N

________

That's Adiona's home.

________

The dull throb of pain in Cleo's heart was apparent. What did she do to make Adiona this cold to her all of a sudden? Why did she even care?

All Cleo wanted to do right now was attack the woman sitting next to her and claw her perfect face out with her nails. She kept forgetting that Adiona was half succubus, which meant she looked softer when she was leaning more towards her succubus side. When Cleo licked her neck to soothe her, it brought out her succubus, and that's what made her kiss and smile afterwards. Yeah, that makes sense.

In reality, Archangel Adiona was a cold, heartless bitch who had daddy issues.

Adiona tilted her head, cracking her neck. Cleo knew she had heard her thoughts.

Sorry, this time she directed her thought to Adiona by looking at her. I meant 'is' and 'has'. Archangel Adiona is a cold, heartless bitch who has daddy issues.

Adiona clenched her jaw, but didn't say anything. She was right, after all.

"We go by mist, so this won't hurt a lot," Val said from the front, smiling at Cleo from the front mirror as she drove.

"Wait what do you mean this won't hurt a-" Cleo was cut off when pain blasted through her bones and white light flashed before her eyes. She screamed and a sense of dejavu permeated her senses. Where had she felt this before?

Ah, the Hellhound Pound.

When she opened her eyes next, the pain was absolutely gone. As if her bones hadn't just shattered into a million shards.

"You know, I'm confused as to which part of that wasn't supposed to fucking hurt a lot?!" Cleo grunted and looked down to see if she was still in one piece. Check.

She then looked up from where she lay sprawled on the ground and found Val and Adiona with their arms crossed, looking down at her. Cleo gaped at Val's wings, mesmerized by its off-white color with streaks of gold. And with both powerful women standing over her like that, their massive wings behind them, one of pure midnight black and the other white-gold, Cleo was more than a little overwhelmed. They looked awesome.

"I can see your wings," she managed to say after getting back on her feet. "Did you allow me?"

"Nah," Val smiled. "It's because you're in Archangel Haven."

"I'm in where now?"

"It would be better if you saw for yourself," Adiona said, gesturing to the edge of a cliff.

Cleo frowned in confusion. She hadn't noticed their landing on the top of a mountain, and wind whipped her brown locks around. She slowly crept to the edge, well aware of her phobia of heights, and felt her jaw drop.

"Wow," she breathed as she took in the stunning scene in front of her, fear of heights completely forgotten.

A city of diamonds and gold glittered below. The skyscrapers rose high, almost as tall as the mountain they were on and higher than any Cleo had ever seen in her life. They looked to be made of glass, except the different sort of shine it had insinuated that it was of diamonds. Gold outlined the buildings, and the designs were intricately beautiful. Angels flew in and out of those buildings, some walking. The trees and plants surrounding them were so full and green; they looked soft enough to jump on. Cleo watched a few hellhounds playing around at a courtyard while little angels (literally little kids with mini wings) chased them. She diverted her eyes to two angels nearby kissing each other farewell as they flew their separate ways. Then the ground caught her eye. It was made of glass, and she could make out the clouds underneath. As she squinted, she saw earth right below.