Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

FIVE

OLIVIA

Neo looked shocked — eyes wide and lips parted as he took in everything. I was tempted to ask if he was all right but then refrained myself. It could very well be that his awkwardness and awe like a little child stemmed from him not having been used to such luxuries.

It made sense.

He came from a place where there were things like swings at playgrounds and large backyards to get messy in. South House district didn't have any of those things.

It was too unsophisticated, too brutish.

Citizens of South House were supposed to carry themselves with dignity — pride.

It was all drilled into me ever since I could remember. Neo though didn't. Neo had led a different life before he came here. I wonder if he missed it.

Maybe, maybe not. I guessed I would find out later.

The living room was big, with long couches in the middle with a coffee table in front of it. A plasma television was attached to the wall and below it was a fireplace.

It was smaller than what I was used to back at home, but at the same time, I liked the idea of having a space to call my own.

I walked to the large windows and looked outside. From here, the roads to South House street and the East House street were visible, clearly branching off to opposite sides away from each other. Glancing up, the sky that was dyed with orange and pink hues was slowly becoming dark blue.

How time had flown by.

I heard Neo moving around before he gasped out loud. Humming, I turned around and followed him to the bedroom.

Neo was standing in the middle of the furnished room, waving his hands around, his eyes still as wide as it had been before. "This is huge!"

"Yes, it is," I said and furrowed my eyebrows when my gaze landed on the big bed. It looked like it could fit at least five people on it. "It's a bit too big."

"Are you kidding?" Neo asked as he walked to the bed and landed on his back on it. He sighed and stretched his arms wide. "This is the best bed ever."

"I'm glad you like it," I said, voice coming out emotionless. He looked at me before his cheeks reddened. Slowly, he sat up and rubbed the back of his neck, smiling.

"Sorry, it might look normal to you but to me," he said as he looked around the room, "it's like paradise here."

It wasn't as if I could fault him for his thoughts. I shrugged as I walked to the windows, pushing them wide open so I could walk into the balcony. "It's fine," I said. "I just forgot you're not used to this."

"You'd be surprised." His voice came from inside. "How's the view?"

"Pretty," I said before I walked back indoors. And it was. I could see the other blocks, and in between them were trees, grown large and tall. Just ahead, there was a park where we could take a walk if we would like to. There was also a city at the horizon where we could visit for other activities and maybe dine out.

Those were all lovely ideas — yet as I glanced at my Match, I wasn't sure if they would be with him.

Neo sat against the bed frame and waved me over to sit in front of him. He had a look of determination on his face; furrowed eyebrows but his lips twisted upwards. Despite that though, he still looked pale and uneasy coupled with the fact his fingers twitched once in a while.

Just how nervous was he? I was beginning to get intrigued by him.

Still no First Spark though.

"So, tell me about yourself," Neo said.

I blinked once before I shrugged. "There's nothing interesting about me."

There really wasn't.

Neo raised his eyebrows as if I was bluffing. "Oh, come on. Everyone has something to say about themselves."

"You start then," I said as I pointed at him.

He looked startled for a second before he nodded. "Well, I grew up without parents. Grew up with my grandparents. I like strawberries and I hate pickles." When I didn't say anything but just nod, his cheeks reddened again. "You. Your turn."

I opened my mouth before I closed it. What was I supposed to say? I found this exercise awkward to participate in. There wasn't a chance for me to answer or talk about myself before, at least not in such a casual setting. Even when I thought about it, nothing interesting popped into my head. At the end, I said, "I like cucumbers. I hate apples."

There was a long pause from him, his eyes darting across my face. When I simply raised an eyebrow, his shoulders relaxed and the plastic smile on his face became softer. "Preferences. It's fine," he said.