Chapter 14

Taehyung's POV:
We finished our coffee and now we're on our way to school. As we were getting closer I noticed that Jungkook all of a sudden stopped.

"Jungkook," I called out to him. He crouched down and curled into a ball. "Hey, everything's going to be okay," I said as I rushed to him and crouched down next to him.

He just nodded his head no and I could tell he was starting to cry. "Come here," I said while I took him into my arms and stroked his head.

"Hey beautiful, don't cry. Everything's going to be okay. I'm not gonna let anything happen to you. I'm right here," I said to him.

After a couple of minutes he stopped crying and looked at me. I lightly smiled down at him.

"Come on," I said while I helped him up to his feet. I kissed his forehead and grabbed his hand.  I smiled at him and then we started to head to the school again.

We got to the entrance and stopped. I looked at Jungkook to see if he was okay.

He looked scared. I squeezed his hand to make him look at me. He looked at me and I could tell he was trying to hold back tears.

"You got this, I'm right here. Don't worry," I said while I kissed his hand. He just lightly shook his head yes and we continued to walk into the school building.

As we walked in I could feel him squeeze my hand and lean in closer to me. I smiled down at him and kissed his forehead.

We continued walking and we stopped at his locker. "Get your things love and I'll be right down there getting mine," I said to him.

I could feel him tense up as I said that. "Don't worry, you'll still be able to see me from here. I won't take long," I said as he slowly let go of my hand and let me walk to my locker.

I got to my locker and quickly got my stuff out of it so I could return to Jungkook as soon as possible.

As I got my stuff and shut my locker I could see Yoongi and Hoseok approaching Jungkook.

Shit! I quickly walked up to Jungkook before they could do anything to him. I finally reached him and pushed him behind me.

"Don't even think about touching him," I said angrily. I could feel Jungkook grab onto my shirt and get as small as he could.

"Look, we don't want to hurt him," Yoongi said. "Yeah we came to apologize," Hoseok said.

"What?" I asked. I was so confused.

"Namjoon forced us to hurt him. We never wanted to. We're sorry," Yoongi explained.

"Yeah, we were stupid for being Namjoon's puppets. We should have just stood up to him, sorry," Hoseok said.

"Where is Namjoon?" I asked them.

"His father got a job transfer to New Zealand, so his family moved there," Hoseok answered. I just nodded my head at them.

"Can we please see Jungkook and apologize to him properly?" Yoongi asked.

I looked at them sternly before I reached for Jungkook's hand and pulled him from behind me. I kept a hold on his hand and he leaned into me without looking up at Hoseok or Yoongi.

"Jungkook, we're really sorry. We've done some horrible things to you and have said some nasty things to you. We can't take them back but we're not gonna do them anymore," Yoongi said to Jungkook.

"Yeah, we understand if you hate us. We just want to make things right. We hate what we did to you. Can we start over?" Hoseok said.

"It's okay if you don't want to. We can just leave you alone if you want," Yoongi said.

"Um...no, it's fine. I forgive you guys. We can start over," he said quietly. I could tell the two were happy to hear those words from Jungkook.

"Really? Thank you so much. You won't regret this. We'll prove to you that we're different," Hoseok said.

"You better keep that promise," I said to them. "Definitely," Hoseok said while Yoongi nodded his head yes.

"Anyways, hi I'm your hope Jung Hoseok. I love to dance and I'm actually quite energetic and a little ball of sunshine," Hoseok said with a huge smile and did a cute face. I heard Jungkook giggle. I smiled down at him.

"Hey, I'm Min Yoongi and I'm more down to earth and chill than this knucklehead. Also, I really like to rap," Yoongi said with a smug grin.

"Jeon Jungkook, I'm really shy and self-conscious. I should just tell you now, I have some major mental problems. I have depression and I self-harm. I want to change all of that and not having bullies anymore helps with that, so thanks," Jungkook said hesitantly. I sadly looked at him and kissed his hand.

"Oh my gosh, we did that to you?" Hoseok exclaimed.

"No, it's other stuff too," he said.

"We're so sorry. We feel so bad now. We promise we won't do that shit to you anymore or to anyone. We're here for you Jungkook. We're gonna support you and help you from now on," Yoongi said.

"Thanks," Jungkook said.

"Well, I'm Kim Taehyung. I may be some well-known guy at this school, but this kid is all I need," I said while I smiled down at Jungkook.

I saw the blush on his cheeks before he buried his face into my chest. I just chuckled at him.