Chapter 2

-next day-

Jungkook's POV:
Class was finally out and it was now lunch. I started to walk towards the cafeteria to meet my friends.

When I was walking I saw Taehyung a little ways in front of me and I stopped in my tracks.

He's so handsome today, well when is he not. He was standing in a circle with others around him.

He looked really happy, laughing and talking with the people surrounding him.

He tends to have a habit of sticking out his tongue when he listens to people talk. It's one of my favorite things about him.

All of a sudden I felt someone grab the back of my hair and push me into the lockers. "Well looky what we have here," Namjoon said as Yoongi finally let go of my hair.

I tried to shrink back and disappear, but I obviously couldn't. Namjoon, Yoongi, and Hoseok were all surrounding me, giving me disgusted faces.

"You ogling that Tae kid over there?" Namjoon said playfully. I didn't answer him. I only stared blankly, waiting for them to do something to me.

Namjoon grabbed the collar of my shirt and pushed me further into the lockers. I winced at the pain being shot throughout my body. I clenched my teeth and close my eyes.

"I hate when I'm being ignored fag," Namjoon said harshly. "Hey, let the kid go!" I hear someone shout out.

The three turned their heads to see who said that. I just kept my eyes closed. I felt Namjoon let go of my shirt and scoff.

"You're lucky your boyfriend helped you this time. I'll see you later faggot," Namjoon said before he pushed me once again and walked away.

Yoongi and Hoseok just glared at me before following Namjoon. I just dropped to the ground and tried to hold back my tears. I heard someone walk closer to me.

"Are you okay?" I heard someone ask me. I looked up to see Taehyung looking down at me. I was shocked and embarrassed.

Great, of course. The one person who actually tried to help you and it had to be Taehyung.

"I'm fine," I said a little irritated. "Are you sure? Those guys looked like they were about to beat you up," he said.

"Yes, I'm sure," I said. "Here, let me help you up," he said as he gave me his hand. I didn't take it and I got myself up instead. He looked kind of hurt and confused that I didn't take his hand.

"I don't need help," I said to him. "Oh, okay. It just looked like you needed it," he said.

"Thanks, but I don't need it," I said before I finally walked away and left him there starring at me with a stunned look on his face.

I finally got to the cafeteria and went to my group of friends. "Hey, what took you so long?" Jin asked me.

"Nothing, I just got caught up with my teacher," I lied to them.

Even though they are my only friends, they don't know about the extent of the bullying.

They actually don't really know much about me. Not about my family, or even about what happens to me during school.

They don't know about my depression, or that I use to self-harm. They don't know about my father not being here anymore.

The only thing they really know about me is that I am in fact gay and that I have a crush on Taehyung.

Jin looked at me suspiciously, but just shrugged it off. He just continued his conversation with Jimin, while I sat there staring off into space. Finally the bell rang and we left to go to class.

-time skip to night time-

Jungkook's POV:
It's finally late, so I went and brushed my teeth and got ready for bed.

I don't want to go to school tomorrow, but I have to.

I'm getting really tired of the bullying that happens every single day. Luckily tomorrow it's Friday.

Why did Taehyung try to help me today? I thought I was invisible to him. I am to everyone else. No one dares to try and help me. Why did he?

It was embarrassing to have him see me so helpless and weak. Now he'll just think I'm some weak human being that can't even defend myself. What a great impression Jungkook.

I curled up into a ball on my bed and started to cry. My back was aching and I looked like an idiot in front of my crush.

I'm just tired of it all and it wasn't getting any better. I got out my bed and headed to my bathroom.

When I got in there, I locked the door and went searching through my drawers.

I finally pulled out the shiny blade that I have been hiding for a while now. I haven't cut myself in awhile, but tonight I couldn't take it anymore.

I sat down on the toilet and brought my shorts up. I placed the blade lightly on my thigh before I applied pressure on it and let it slice my skin open.

I made a clean cut through my skin and some of the scars that were already there from previous cuts. My eyes welled up with tears.

I kept making more clean cuts until my thighs was covered in fresh wounds and blood trailed down them.

Once I was satisfied and couldn't feel the pain in my heart anymore, I stopped.

I put the blade down and looked at my thighs. I stared blankly at my thigh. "Pathetic, useless, worthless," I whispered to myself.

I finally looked away and got up to clean my wounds. Once they were clean, I cleaned the blade and put it back where it belonged.

I slowly walked out of my bathroom and climbed back into my bed. I curled back up into a ball and started to cry again.

I just started a habit again that I didn't want to turn back to. I cried myself to sleep that night, thinking how pathetic I was.