The Potions Master

After eating way too much food and a delicious dessert, the students were dismissed to their common rooms. However, the first years were lead by their appointed Prefects. They were led into the dungeons, where the Slytherin common room was located. 

It was a large room with greenish lamps and chairs. The dungeon extended partway under the lake, giving the room a green tinge, appropriate for the house colours. There was a fireplace on the far side of the room giving the room a homely glow and there were bookcases holding complete series and some held trophies and other trinkets, screaming to be inspected. 

y/n headed towards her dorm with the other first-year girls. Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle, went into theirs just across on the other side of the room. y/n caught Draco's eyes and they looked at each other, their distaste towards each other clearly evident.

The girl's dorm was fitted with a trio of four-poster beds, an emerald green duvet on each. Each girl had their own dresser and bedside table to put their little trinkets. Their belongings were left on one bed each, with y/n's being the one next to a floor to ceiling window giving vision to the lakes contents. 

y/n found Nimbus fast asleep on her bed. She picked him up and he wriggled in annoyance. She stroked the little kitten mindlessly, taking the time to relax for the first time today. The other two girls in her dorm were nice enough but didn't seem keen on becoming besties anytime soon, but they found Nimbus quite entertaining. He would explore the room and jump up onto the beds looking for affection from the other girls, which they happily gave.

y/n unpacked her trunk and filled all her drawers, but left out her new Slytherin uniform, ready for the morning. At first, she was apprehensive about the idea of being in this infamous house. But nothing had happened yet to put her off completely. She would just have to try and avoid Malfoy and his goons as best as possible.

She took Nimbus in her arms and snuggled down into the thick blankets. after bidding the other girls a good night, she closed her eyes and slipped into a marvellous slumber.

------)OOO(------

The young witch woke the next morning to the sound of Nimbus mewing into her chest. She sat up in her luxurious four posters and scooped the kitten into her arms. She checked the time on the clock, sat on her bedside draws where she stored all of her small belongings that weren't clothes. 

7:10 it read. 

She had plenty of time to get dressed and make her way down to the great hall for breakfast. y/n looked over to her sleeping roommates, who would she sit with? She couldn't just waltz over to the Gryffindor table and sit with Harry Ron and Hermione, maybe these two would let her join them?

Once she had changed into her school uniform, she admired herself in the mirror that had been placed in the room. It was still a bit surreal to her that she was actually attending the Hogwarts. The school that held names like Merlin, Albus Dumbledore, and even Voldemort himself. She made a promise to herself that she was going to leave a mark on this school, and make the l/n name a legacy.

She wore a white button-up blouse, tucked into a grey, pleated skirt. A green and silver tie was around her neck, sometimes catching the light through the lake and glistening onto the walls. Her grey socks were folded down a little and her black leather school shoes were stiff from lack of wear. They were lace up ones and were more comfortable than buckles in y/n's opinion.

Finally, she took her cloak from its hanger and swung it around her head to put on. The emerald lining matched her tie and the sleeves were flowing and baggy. y/n twirled around saw the cloak float around her in the mirror. She felt like a mysterious sorcerer.