"You listen here. I am nothing like you. I'm the one that fucked you, you little fag."

Tears immediately welled up in Harry's eyes and there was nothing he could do to stop it. He had never been called that word before to his face, and Zayn spitting it at him with such venom only stung more.

"What? Are you going to cry now, hmm? You're actually really going to cry?" Zayn sneered. "How pathetic."

Harry had a lump in his throat and his spit grew thick. He couldn't speak if he wanted to because he no longer had a voice.

He hated Zayn.

"Zaaayn? Sometime this year, mate?" A friend shouted and the group laughed and Harry felt even smaller, feeling like they were laughing at him even though they had no idea what just happened.

With one final look at Harry, Zayn brushed past him without another word and left.

***

"Harry! You're back! - You're late, did you go over time? Wh-" Louis sat on the couch with his eyes glued to the screen, busy playing Call Of Duty and started speaking once he heard the door open. "I was thinking you could make your spaghetti b-"

Harry had strode right past Louis and to his room, slamming the door behind him.

Louis was a bit frozen in place.

That was Harry, right? He thought as he paused the game and slowly rose to his feet.

"Haz?" Louis knocked and tried turning the handle, only to find that it was locked. He walked over to his room and into the bathroom, to get to Harry's room, grateful that there was this loophole to Harry. He would always forget to lock the door leading to the bathroom that was between their rooms and Louis would always take advantage of that. "Hey?" Louis spoke gently as he walked into his room.

Harry sat on the edge of his bed, his back to Louis, rubbing his hands up and down his thighs.

"Hey, uh. I've got to study, so," He desperately tried to keep his voice steady and tears at bay but Louis still walked over to sit next to him.

"Exam that bad?" Louis asked, resting his elbows on his knees and looking at Harry, but Harry didn't laugh, he didn't smile, he did nothing but stare at the ground. "Harry, what's wrong?" Louis inched a bit closer to him and that's all it took to have Harry break down.

"That night, at the pub. You were right about the sex." Harry started and wiped at his nose before he told Louis the entire story - including what just happened, not so long ago. "I know it's stupid to cry about because it's just a word bu- Louis? Louis!"

Louis couldn't hear Harry anymore, he couldn't hear anything anymore after what Harry had told him.

He grabbed Harry's car keys from his desk and rushed out to the garage.

Harry's legs were shaking as he ran down the stairs but he was too late and Louis had already sped off.

"Fuck!" He muttered and headed back up to their flat, to try and call him before he did anything stupid.

Louis was a nice guy, one of the best you could come across, but like ninety-nine percent of the population, he had one hell of a temper when he was pushed.

"Shit." Harry sighed when he heard Louis' phone ring on the coffee table. He had no other choice but to sit and wait until he got back.

Staring at the still animated image on the TV screen, Harry's leg bounced up and down, nervously, until Louis got back.

"Louis, Jesus." Harry sprung up once he saw the door open and Louis walked to their refrigerator to pull out a bag of frozen peas for his bruised red/turning purple cheek. "Are you okay? Louis, why -"

"I'm fine." Louis answered back normally and walked back to the couch with Harry following.

"Let me see." Harry moved his hand and the peas away to look at his face.

"... You shouldn't have gone there, Louis."

"Oh, Harry, come off it. The prick deserved it." He deserved worse if Louis didn't get pulled off of him - and get punched - by one of Zayn's teammates.

Harry didn't want this. He hated any type of conflict.

"I'm sorry he said that, Haz." Louis turned to look at him and Harry nodded, eyes wide and mixed with an array of emotions.

"Never been called ...that before."

"Yea, because it's a fucking word for a fucking cigarette and you're not a fucking cigarette."

Harry laughed. He had forgotten about the slang.

"Hug it out?" Louis offered, happy to see that he could smile again and held out his arms, knowing Harry loved a good squeeze and Harry accepted, resting his chin on Louis' shoulder.

He was just about to thank Louis but remembered what he had told him about 'sorry' and 'thank you' and bit his tongue.

Right, no more Zayn. He didn't want to think about what happened or him right now. No doubt Liam would be ringing Louis and/or Harry about what the hell happened, but they'd deal with all of that sometime that wasn't now.

A/N: I didn't like writing this chapter. I do apologise for the slur used and if it hurt anyone, I'm sorry