chapter 11

Harry stumbled backwards with the sudden body weight falling on him but, thankfully caught his footing in time before he could go tumbling down and take Zayn with him.

Harry wanted to be shocked by Zayn's little... 'request' but he couldn't be. It explained so much about him. He didn't want to go and assume things bit with what he's seen and been through - and what he's just heard, he came to the conclusion that Zayn was closeted.

I mean, he must be... right?

He pulled Zayn up by his underarms and dragged his body to the long couch to let him fall down. He huffed after finally letting go of Zayn and grabbed the throw he sat with not so long ago. For someone so lean and kind of skinny looking, Zayn really had some muscles going on, and was super heavy.

I wonder if Zayn will remember what he said? - Just leave it, Harry. Leave everything and call it a night and get some rest.

***

Sunday. His last resting day (well, he wished) before he moved into the final week of university. He'd write his last paper on Thursday before kicking up his feet and just relaxing.

I wonder if Louis' awake..

He reached and felt around blindly for his phone and once found it, saw that it was only 08:30. There's no way in hell Louis was anywhere close to waking up.

Not being able to fall back asleep again, he stayed up, switching between just lying there comfortably in bed and, looking through social media on his phone.

After half an hour had passed, he decided to wake up and get something in his rumbling stomach. Deciding to make French toast, he shrugged on a jacket and carefully opened the door, not sure if Zayn was still there or not.

Harry's room was right outside the lounge so he peeked at the couch before he could fully open the door.

No feet dangling off the edge...but he could be curled up.

Harry tiptoed out and when he got close enough, saw that there was no Zayn. He then went over to the bathroom and pressed his ear to the door.

Silence.

Finally, he checked the door and it was, indeed unlocked. Zayn must have snuck out whenever he woke up and realised where he was.

Harry licked his bottom lip and kept replaying what Zayn had said, how he sounded when he said it.

Nice and hard - Snap out of it, Harry, dammit!

Shaking the thought from his head, he got out the needed ingredients and, a bowl and pan for breakfast before setting out to make it.

After the first coated slice of bread hit the hot pan, Louis' door opened.

"Morning." Harry turned to Louis' to greet his messy haired friend.

"Mmm. I smelt food." Louis stretched and, greeted in a raspy voice.

"The first one's almost done. Sit." Harry nodded his head to the island and got a couple of plates out. "...So, remember anything about last night?" Harry asked casually once Louis sat down.

"Uhm," he shrugged and pulled at his sweatshirt sleeves, covering his hands. "Just all got a bit pissed after you left. Zayn bought shots for everyone."

Harry turned his back to flip the French toast and hummed in reply.

"We actually spoke a lot last night..." Louis continued. "About you..."

Harry peered at him over his shoulder and then slid the slice of toast on the plate.

"Oh?"

"Yea. Thanks. He uhm, I don't know he was pretty drunk but he just kept apologising for whatever happened with you guys. Also said that you're a nice guy and he's a dick." Louis laughed, remembering how funny drunk Zayn is. "And then he walked me home and crashed here I guess." Louis paused and tentatively looked up. "You didn't mind...did you? I mean, I know he apologised and stuff but -"

"It's okay, Lou. I don't have a crush on him anymore. It was harmless, and yea...it was fine that he stayed over."

Louis nodded and the topic was quickly changed to talks about their last exams and the holiday season fast approaching.

A/N: I know things are slow and weird and confusing and messy but bear with me 😩 and thanks for still reading x