08 | monday

"I wanna take you out.. like a real date." josh's words took maya back as she stood there in front of him holding onto her bag.

maya had made a promise to herself to try to avoid josh matthews, but as soon as she walked into school- there he was. his eyes spotted maya and he told his teammates that he would catch them later.

"josh im gonna be late to first hour." maya sighed as she began to walk past him but he stepped in front of her before she could go anywhere.

"just say you'll go out with me." the dark haired male pleaded as he looked down at maya with his blue eyes.

"josh- ill talk to you later, okay?" she rolled her eyes and fixed her bag before walking past him. she just wanted to get to class and avoid any interaction.

"excuse me! everyone!" a loud voice boomed from behind maya which made her stop in her tracks. she silently prayed that it wasn't josh but by the tone of the voice- it was. "yes! hello, now there's this girl i really like."

maya's eyes widen as she felt josh standing behind her and everyone in the hallway staring at the two of them. a blush crept on her face as she slowly turned around to face josh.

"and i wanted to know if she would do me the honor and let me take her out! now she isn't sure.. what do you think? help a guy out!" josh chuckled and as the last word escaped his lips. everyone  in the hallway and entrance began to shout yes and holler. "now will you go out with me?"

"do i have a choice? pick me tonight." maya scoffed as josh grinned and wrapped his arms around her. she laughed against his chest at the people cheered. her face flushed with red from embarrassment. then she slowly looked up from his body and muttered, "don't do that again."

"ill see you tonight, hart." his grin grew into a smirk as he walked in the other direction and maya waved bye. due to josh's public event, maya was late to her class but the teacher didn't seem to mind after he gave her a small lecture about being late.

"hey, smackle." maya greeted the raven haired female as she took a seat on the stool next to her friend.

"I saw josh and you this morning." isadora teased as she put on her apron. this was the only fine arts elective, isadora took due to her needing a year of art to graduate. she refused to take art senior year; so she was happy when maya had the same class.

"don't remind me," maya groaned as she pressed her head against her canvas. she shut her eyes tightly and sighed. "he did it just so i would say yes."

"say yes to what?" another voice caught maya off guard so she looked up and saw farkle standing there in front of her.

"hey, darling. why aren't you in class?" isadora frowned as farkle pecked her lips then took a stool next to them and sat down between the two.

"we have a sub. i asked him if i could use the restroom and when i came back everyone was on their phones. oh and he was watching something on netflix so i left." he shrugged as he smiled at maya.

"im gonna go get the paint." the raven haired female smiled as she got up from her seat and walked over to the cabinets.

"for somebody who admitted their love to their best friend and had his girlfriend eavesdrop.. you two seem to be doing great." maya teased as she messed with farkle's hair making it messy.

"she hasn't talked about it since it happened. she doesn't bring it up, she doesn't talk about riley, and doesn't even care if riley and i hang out." farkle admitted as he looked over at his girlfriend. "wouldn't you be pissed if your boyfriend did that?"

"do you want her to be pissed or what?" maya muttered as she grabbed the paintbrushes next to her and dried the brushes.

"it's just weird. i-i don't know, im probably just overthinking it. so how is it with lucas?" he asked as he adjusted himself on the seat as isadora returned to them with the paint.

"uh- we will talk later," maya muttered under her breath as she plastered a smile on her face facing isadora who gave her a confused look.

"what are you hiding?" her friend uneasily chuckled as she looked between maya and farkle who just laughed her words off.

in a different room on the other side of the school there was zay and lucas who both seemed exhausted so early in the morning. lucas silently tapped across his phone screen as zay pretended to finish his work.

"dude please tell me you got nine for number two." zay groaned as he looked over at lucas who didn't seem to be paying attention. "hello, earth to lucas friar."

"did you know josh asked maya out this morning." lucas abruptly stopped his message as he looked up at zay who had a confused expression on his face.

"matthews? i never liked him. anyways what .. why does that matter?" zay frowned as he tried to read lucas's expression.

"im just saying- that cocky prick is a bad influence on her. i caught her with a joint when i drove her home last week. guess where she got it." the blonde lowered his voice as he spoke hoping no one would hear him.

"have you ever thought maybe maya asked for it or she wanted it? im not saying she does drugs or anything." zay clarified as he sighed. "but the night of the party- he gave her a joint there too and by the looks of it she wasn't exactly saying no."

"i.. know i saw." lucas rolled his eyes as he sat back into his seat. "i just don't think he's good for her."

"im not sure if you sound like a protective brother or a jealous boyfriend." zay snickered underneath his breath which made lucas give him a glare. "you have an actual girlfriend, remember?"

"of course, i remember." he rolled his eyes as he looked down at his phone. "maya told me she loved me."

zay abruptly began to cough louder than he probably should've. everyone's eyes were on him and his coughing fit. the teacher gave him a look before asking if he needed to be excused. zay shook his head as he calmed down and lucas groaned.

"that was a bit extra; don't you think?" lucas raised his eyebrows towards his best friend.

"you have two beautiful girls who love you! how does that happen? how do i not have that? anyways.. what did you say?" zay muttered.

"i didn't say anything. i love ronnie. i love ronnie with every ounce of my being." lucas whispered as he looked over at zay. "i can't lose her, but i can't lose maya either. i just don't want things to be weird."

"i mean maya has had feelings for you for quite a while, we were just waiting for you to notice or for maya to tell you." zay said under his breath which lucas could barely hear.

"since when?" he frowned.

"since before ronnie moved here." zay rolled his eyes.

"did you all know? why didn't you say anything? or-"

"it isn't our business to tell you her feelings. also we thought you would've seen it. anyways it doesn't matter now."

"you're right. i like maya- just not like that. hopefully she'll forget about it. besides she has a date with josh. she likes josh." lucas smiled as he sat back in his chair and his smile slowly faded as he continued to think.