06 | i cant lose him

"im not good at this!" riley shrieked as she bumped the ball back to ronnie who chuckled in return. the two brunettes were in a midst of a playful back and forth with a volleyball.

"come on it's easy!" ronnie reasoned as she squatted and bumped the ball back with ease. unlike riley, ronnie had been on the volleyball team since she first moved here. she had played since 4th grade and was pretty good.

"i don't know." riley laughed as she almost tumbled over trying to hit the ball back to her.

"it gets worse than this." ronnie admitted as the ball came over her head, she smacked it down on the other side of riley which made the brunette yelp in fear.

"okay. let's not do that before i get hit." riley laughed as she went to go get the ball and went back to her old spot.

"so.. are you and zay okay or.." ronnie asked as riley bounced the ball towards her.

"i don't know. losing my virginity scares me and zay already lost his which doesn't make me feel good. how does lucas feel about you?" the brunette asked as she used her fist to block the ball.

"yeah i think it scares the girl more than the guy. when i first had sex i was a nervous wreck. researching will it hurt? or what happens durning sex? i don't know- he never likes to bring it up. even though he knows im not a virgin. we've never talked about us having sex." ronnie sighed as they hit the ball back and forth while speaking.

"does it hurt bad?" riley scrunched her eyebrows together as she looked over at ronnie as she noticed the ball coming towards her face.

that's when riley closed her eyes.

"riley!" ronnie yelled as she tried to run closer to the brunette but riley used her fingers to block the ball. which earned a large yelp from her as she held onto her fingers in pain.

"are you okay? im sorry. i shouldn't have hit it back when you were talking-" ronnie apologized as she kissed riley's fingers hoping it would help her feel better.

which made riley giggle at her and simply smile through her forming tears, "im okay. ill head to the nurse to get some medicine for the pain."

riley excused herself from ronnie and walked towards the nurses office. which was across the school from the gym, so she didn't hurry. the brunette held onto her fingers tightly as the pain grew. when she finally arrived at the small room, the nurse was working on something. so she decided to wait patiently.

"okay.. let me see." the blonde nurse sighed as riley explained to her what had happened. she decided to give her some pain killers and wrap her fingers. as she finished taping riley's fingers, she turned her back to look for the medicine.

that's when riley looked over at the bed and noticed a body sitting up. the person was rubbing their eyes and sighed a little. riley's eyes widened as she figured out who the figure was and she became more uncomfortable.

"here you go." the nurse turned back towards riley and the brunette quickly grabbed the two pills from her hands. she gave her a warm smile as she stood up, rather fast, and muttered a thank you.

the nurse looked at her confusingly as riley tried her best not to make a noise. she just wanted to get back to ronnie, before the person saw her. if only it was that simple. as the brunette shut the door behind her and began walking towards the gym. she heard the door shut again and felt a hand grip onto her arm.