"Niffler?!" I whispered angrily at it. It began to run away, but I leaped off my bed and caught it in time.  

"What are you doing out?!" I reached under my bed to grab my suitcase, but grabbed thin air.

"What..." My eyes widened in horror.

My bag filled with creatures is gone. 

❦     ❦     ❦

❦    ❦    ❦

"Newt! Newt!" I whispered and shook my friend from his bed. The niffler wrapped tightly in my arms to prevent it's escape.

"Whaa.. is it t-time for class..." He sat up groggily and was about to slump over but I shook him again.

"Newt, please! My bag is gone!" That seemed to wake him up.

"What?" He asked incredulously.

"My bag! Filled with animals is GONE!" I enunciated each word so he understood.

He shot up, grabbed my hand and sprinted out to the common room.

"We need to look for it now!" Newt and I scrambled out of the common room and into the hall.  We searched everywhere all over the castle for the case and found ourselves in the dining hall. 

"This place is huge, how are we gonna find it?" I collapsed in one of the chairs.  

"How did you even let the case go?" Newt looked down at me.

"I-I didn't do it on purpose, I just came to my room and it was gone!" I placed my head in my hands.

"It's a case full of magical creatures, maybe you should take better care of it." He grumbled quietly, but I heard him.

"Excuse me? This is the first time this has ever happened, so clearly what I was doing wasn't wrong." The niffler started to scratched at my arms. I held him tighter.

"I'm just saying it wouldn't hurt to be more responsible, Eve." I gawked at him. 

"This isn't my fault, Newt, someone must've taken it!" The niffler screeched in my arms.

"Who else could've done this Eve? The only other person that knows...is..." We both looked at each other.  My arms went slack and the niffler immediately jumped out.  

It ran to the middle of the dining hall and looked straight up at the ceiling. We both followed its eyes and saw two large reptilian eyes staring back down.  

"Newt, its..." I kept my eyes on it and grabbed his arm.  

"Just walk out, don't make a sound." He whispered back to me.

Suddenly we heard fast, loud footsteps bound into the hall.

They screeched to a stop.  I looked up to see Leta, out of breath and panting, staring at the scene before her.