3: You Don't Call Them 'strippers.' They're Dancers.

__________________

I wasn't shocked on Friday morning when Eddie didn't speak a word to me. I introduced him to my second freshman class but he looked, well, more like sulking teenager than a thirty-four year old man. I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face when he walked in without casting as much as glance toward me.

After the three hours passed he didn't stay behind as he did on Monday but left like he used to in my classes: fifteen minutes before class ended.

Back to, what I could class as, normal that quickly.

Was I that lucky?

Mack walked into my studio after class was dismissed with a smile. "How's Eddie?"

I smiled tightly. "He's great."

Mack smiled right back wistfully and smoothed her hair away from her eyes. "Isn't he though?"

"Careful now, I'm sure your husband wouldn't be happy to see you glassy eyed at our life drawing model."

"He'd probably agree with me." She shrugged. "Anyway what're we doing? You said you wanted to book a bar for Miranda's bachelorette party. Do you know where?"

"Yeah this place by my moms. She said she hasn't been there yet, but the reviews are apparently really good. You're okay with coming?"

"Sure. Did she veto a strip club then or did you veto it?"

I smiled sheepishly at her as I shrugged my coat on. "Why do we have to lower ourselves to that tradition. And isn't it more of a guy thing anyway? What's wrong with a night filled with music, cocktails and food?"

"I'm definitely not against a night with cocktails and food."

"Exactly. We better be going or we'll hit traffic over the bridge."

Mack followed me out to my baby. My Aygo. I loved my little forest green Aygo to pieces. The first thing I saved my first few paycheques for. It was perfect for the city, I didn't drive it as often as I'd like, the subway was easier but whenever I visit my mom or sister, I'd take my car. It was only a half hour journey to either of their houses from Park Slope anyway.

Halfway across the Brooklyn bridge and Mack started up on Miranda's wedding and how she went a bit funny on the flower arrangements last week. I was lucky to have Mack as another bridesmaid. Don't get me wrong I get on fine with Randy's cousin but it was great to be able to vent with Mack about some of the tidbits of being a bridesmaid. Knowing Randy's slightly anal cousin, she would have gone to the bride-to-be with mine and Mack's comments.

"She changed it back to orchids. Jake doesn't mind, the mans too moony eyed to even care. He'd be fine with dead leaves if Miranda said so."

"Is Jake even in the wedding?" I giggled.

Mack's green eyes sparkled with amusement. "I haven't seen him around, maybe she killed him."

"Nah, I saw him Wednesday he's still living. But I don't doubt that if Randy had a chance, she'd probably do the wedding by herself."

We continued to banter, sometimes turning serious on how the wedding was only six weeks away. Each day that goes by she gets more and more excited and so did I. It felt like yesterday when she turned up at my door at eight in the morning screaming that Jake Carpenter had proposed.

Five minutes to the restaurant, I almost swerved when she asked, "How's your sex life?"

"Mackenzie." I blanched, hiding my slight blush.