23: "Sweetheart, what have you done to our love?" - Keaton Henson

Sweetheart What Have You Done To Us – Keaton Henson. Beautiful song

Quick Author recap: DEBBIE KNOWS ABOUT HER AND EDDIE. LIVS FREAKIN’ THE HELL OUT ABOUT HER CAREER. The end lol enjoy.

_______________________________________

“Happy Birthday!”

My eyes strained over the group of people I loved then to the drink I’d bought fifteen minutes prior to their arrival. Even Alisha was here, this must be their version of an intervention. Here’s me only expecting Miranda.

“Liv,” Alisha approached me as if she were approaching a wild animal. “How are you?”

Once again I looked over Randy, Jake, Mack, Alisha and – those idiots – even Mikhail. He was peaking curiously over Mack’s shoulder with a small frown marring his face. “Well, how would you feel if your career went down the shit hole right before your birthday and Valentine’s Day.” I countered.

Randy huffed from behind Alisha and edged her way forward. “You need to snap out of it.”

“How can I when she won’t return my call?”

“It’s your birthday.” She argued. “Tell me you haven’t spent all of today moping around your apartment.”

Actually, I spent today and yesterday moping around my apartment. Since Wednesday, I hadn’t “snapped” out of it since I’d seen Debbie nod and walk away. The only time I’d communicated with anyone was when Randy was getting restless about my big news and even then I couldn’t help but burst into an onslaught of tears because of what happened. She asked if I’d talked to Eddie about it and… well, I haven’t so I told her so.

In fact I’ve sort of been screening my calls. But nevertheless clearly Randy has taken it upon herself to tell everyone about my radical problems.

“No. But thanks by the way for gathering everyone in my time of need.”

She simply shrugged. “You need us more so than ever. Even Mikhail.”

Spasibo, Miranda.”

“Anyway it’s your damn birthday and dammit you’re going to damn well enjoy it.”

“Easy.” Jake chuckled. “But she’s right, Liv. Come on, let’s order a couple of desserts, a few drinks and just chill out. I mean really, you want to spend your whole birthday alone?”

I frowned into my almost empty glass of wine and shook my head. I wanted to spend it with Eddie celebrating. But that’s not going to happen now. Especially since he’d stopped calling last night.

For the first time I wasn’t at Chase’s in fear of Grace calling him and telling him where I was. Nope, tonight I was at Purbirds.

Mack and Alisha grabbed us a table larger than necessary and ordered an assortment of desserts. My tired eyes flickered over my friends clearly trying to cheer me up and I suddenly felt thankful and lucky to have people like these in my life. Even Mikhail was grinning at me and trying his hardest to make me laugh which he was slyly succeeding in.

Last night, I was weak and tried calling Debbie. I didn’t know what overcame me but all I could do was stare at my phone and hover over the call icon. Thankfully, it rang for the appropriate amount of time - meaning she didn’t decline my call meaning she may have just stared at it – and went straight to voicemail. I was brave enough to call but not to leave a message.