Chapter 28: Endgame

Comenzar desde el principio

Sand gulped and looked down at Riley with sorrow and remorse. “ Would you really like me to tell you?”

“ I said, what happened?” Riley insisted and stroked Celebi’s head, furious beyond any words that wouldn’t convey her hate for Team Plasma.

“ I can assume that you remember your meeting with Anthea and Concordia back in Castelia City. You returned with Celebi after being transported into the time paintings and receiving the flute. They warned you about the Shadow Triad and then Celebi disappeared with the paintings.” Sand reviewed the events to refresh Riley, though she didn’t need it. “ Anthea and Concordia told the Shadow Triad that they figured the Champion had taken the paintings and hid them so Team Plasma wouldn’t get them. The Triad reported back to Ghetsis and, of course, Team Plasma started searching. Eventually, they realized this was a fool’s errand.” She paused for a moment and stared at the ground. “ They found Celebi. She had stayed in the Unova region to be close to you if, at a moments notice, the two of you needed to communicate.” Riley looked up and held the Team Plasma grunt’s gaze, determined to get the rest of the story truthfully and without pause.

Sand opened her mouth and the words just fell out. “ But Celebi didn’t have the paintings so they took her, put her under lock and key. Celebi refused to show them where the time paintings were so Ghetsis reverted to violent methods. I only knew where to find this room because I----helped----do this.” Sand beaconed toward the battered, nearly unconscious Pokemon and bit her lip as it quivered. “ She may have something to tell you know and your Pokemon might be able to heal her, but after that we really need to stop Ghetsis. The Champion’s peak is not far away.”

“ I--- Then, let’s go.” Riley replied and looked up at Virizion. As suggested, I can help heal Celebi’s wounds. The Grassland Pokemon bowed and her curled horns glowed white while the rest of her body sparkled green. The light slowly flowed through the air and enveloped the Time Travel Pokemon. This will only heal the minor outside wounds. It is not a cure-all and it will take a long time for Celebi to have a full recovery. Virizion breathed in, then exhaled, and the light faded. The small cuts and bruises were gone, but large, more menacing wounds and gashes stayed, marking the Pokemon’s body with what could be ugly scars.

“ But Virizion, please don’t do anything else for me. I don’t want you to burn out.” The Grassland Pokemon gave Riley a slight smile. We are allies, Champion. Whatever I can do to assist I will do. The legendary chuckled. I could never be too fatigued.

Sand whirled around, her voice urgent. “ Champion, as I said before, we don’t have a lot of time. This way!”

---------------------------------------

Sophie plucked another Pecha Berry from her bag and hastily fed it to the Galvantula in front of her. “ Come on. Hurry and eat up, but don’t hurt yourself.” She petted the bug type’s head  and looked up at the sky sadly. The breeder tilted her and furrowed her brow as she spotted what looked like a what bird hovering 50 feet about the battle. She cringed as a Pokemon to her side moaned and desperate shout erupted over the other cries from the battle. Sophie had chosen a pocket in the woods that both Team Plasma grunts and trainers could not easily see, but was quickly pulling out any Pokemon on the fringes of the trainer circle to heal them. Gothita stood next to the breeder, looking for another Pokemon to use Psychic on to withdraw them and cure them of any status ailment.

Team Plasma was using the typing of their Pokemon to their advantage and inflicting poison, paralysis, and burning to render Pokemon unable to battle. Sophie lightly pushed the Galvantula away and fed a Rawst Berry and then a series of Oran Berries to a Sawsbuck. The Pokemon had been severely burned and about to faint. Sophie glanced down at her bag, the Oran Berries were nearly gone. Soon she’d have to collect leaves and grind them into a healing powder.