Chapter 28: Endgame

Začať od začiatku

“ Xure, frax.” The Axe Jaw Pokemon put his hands on his hips, insisting he accompany them.

Tomas smiled. “ Come on. Let’s go find Riley.”

-----------------------------------

Riley sprinted through the halls, grabbed onto a corner, and stopped. She ran her fingers through her hair, yanked off her bandana, and balled it up in frustration, breathing heavily. “ Where---are you---Ghetsis?” She huffed in between breaths. The brown-haired trainer slammed her fist against the wall she was leaning on and immediately regretted it as pain jolted through her arm.

The bang resounded through the seemingly empty hallway and Virizion nudged the trainer’s shoulder. You must not be so loud. 

As the legendary’s thoughts echoed in Riley’s head, the soft padding of feet echoed in the corridor. The trainer looked up and saw a figure dressed in black running down the hallway. The blue, white, and black badge of Team Plasma marked her vest. Riley’s hand immediately retreated to the Pokeballs on her belt and Virizion tensed. I will fight for you, Champion. There is no need to tire your Pokemon out. Virizion stood her ground and a long, curved horn grew from the Grassland Pokemon‘s forehead. 

The grunt coming forward ran faster with an urgent air about her. The legendary’s brow furrowed and the horn flickered and disappeared. She does not seem dangerous at the moment. I do not think there will be need to defend ourselves.

The girl gasped. “ Champion! You’re the Champion aren’t you?” 

Riley clenched her fist and glanced at the legendary. “ Virizion, use---” No.

The Grassland Pokemon examined the brown-haired trainer and spoke. This girl is not in any way menacing. I can see that now and you should too. Anyone who calls you by that name is a friend.

Riley gulped and the question behind the title resurfaced, but she ignored it and turned to the girl. “ You’re a Team Plasma grunt.” The trainer stated, easily holding back any respect.

“ Yes and no. I’m Sand and I want to help you. Don’t you remember Anthea and Concordia, the Team Plasma members whom you met in Castelia City? They warned you about the oncoming Shadow Triad. I am with them.” Long blond hair hung out from behind the Team Plasma cap and brushed the girl’s back and she blinked her green eyes, waiting for a response.

Riley raised a finger and looked sternly at Sand. “ If you betray us...” She breathed and put her hand down.

“ I can take you to where you need to go to stop Ghetsis’s plan, but there’s something you must see first. Follow.” The Team Plasma member turned and strode down the hall. Virizion fell into step next to her and Riley followed behind.

The group descended several floors and arrived in a hallway that was much narrower than the others. Heavy doors lined the halls in close proximity and the faint jangle of chains could be heard. Riley looked around, wondering what was behind each one fearfully. Sand turned and took out a key, shoving it into the lock of a door on the right and turning it until she heard a click. The door creaked open and Sand directed Virizion and Riley in with a grave expression.

“ Bi!” Riley gasped and her words caught in her mouth. Her knees wobbled and threatened to give way as the Pokemon in front of her beat its little wings to reach the trainer, but was yanked to the ground by the chains around her tiny arms and legs.

“ Celebi!” Riley dashed over and picked up the Time Travel Pokemon and cradled her in her arms. She spun her around to look at Sand and yell at her angrily. “ What happened!?”