He smirked and seemed to slide straight over what I had said about Stiles as he continued to talk to us. "Well I'm sure we can - hold on," His eyes went over to Scott. "McCall. You're the Scott that was dating my granddaughter."

Scott seemed to shrink down in his seat. "We were dating, but not anymore. Not dating, not seeing any of each other or doing anything with each other at all."

That couldn't have been more unconvincing.

"Relax, Scott, you look like you're about to crack a cyanide pill with your teeth," Gerard chuckled darkly.

"Just a hard breakup."

"Oh, that's too bad. You seem like a pretty nice kid to me."

This guy is an Argent; he didn't seriously believe Scott, did he?

"Now listen, you three. Yes, I am the principal, but I really don't want you to think of me as the enemy."

"Is that so?" Stiles asked, his eyebrows raising in doubt.

Gerard continued on as if Stiles hadn't said a word. "However, this being my first day, I do need to support my teachers. So unfortunately, someone is going to have to take the fall and stay behind for detention."

Gerard, Scott and I all glanced at Stiles, who dropped his hands in disappointment.

He knew exactly where this was going.

♡♢♤♧

When the day ended Stiles went to detention and Scott and I rushed out of the school. We were looking for Isaac in hopes of getting to him before the police.

However, we were too late. Just as we got outside the school, we saw Isaac in the back of a patrol car being driven away. He stared out the rear window at Scott and I as he was taken away.

I sighed and we both turned around, heading back into the school. As we were about to reenter the school a car pulled up, tires screeching.

"Get in," Derek said, probably directing his words at Scott.

The boy looked at Derek incredulously. "Are you serious? You did that," he stated, pointing in the direction of Isaac. "That's your fault."

Derek looked down at his steering wheel, his jaw clenching and unclenching. "I know that. Now get in the car and help me."

"No, I've got a better idea." Scott went down the front steps and got closer to the car. I followed behind him. "I'm gonna call a lawyer. Because a lawyer might actually have a chance at getting him out before the moon goes up."

Derek started speaking again before Scott could keep shouting at him. "Not when they do a real search of the house."

This got me worried. "What is that supposed to mean?" I asked, my breathing beginning to pick up pace again.

"Whatever Jackson said to the cops, what's in the house is worse." When neither Scott nor I responded, Derek spoke more seriously, "A lot worse."

I turned to Scott, "What is he talking about? What did Jackson say in the office?"

Scott looked at me, pity in his eyes. "I can't - I can't tell you that."

"Scott-"

"I have to go," He said climbing into Derek's car.

They drove off, leaving me alone out the front of the school.

My only thought was of Isaac as I ran straight to my car and turned on the engine, heading straight for Isaac's house.