5

Tyler reminds me that I don't have to put the red around my eyes anymore.
I notice traces of the black around his neck and his hands, and I suggest we put it on again, for old times sake.

Also because I need to hide my puffy eyes.

Our assistants tell us we have 5 minutes before the show. Tyler can't stop moving, and he is chewing his lip and his hands are everywhere. He looks like he needs to tell me something, but he swallows it as we walk to the stage.

"Josh, good luck, okay Josh?" he finally says.

When he grabs me, and looks into my eyes, I can see something.

He's so afraid. Something's wrong and he's not telling me. He begs me to help, but I can also see determination. He needs me.

I need him. I am slowly dying and we need each other so bad it hurts. All I know is how much we need to be together.

"Let's fight it together," I mumble when I hug him, but he doesn't hear me.
When he is with me, hugging me, it all feels so right. So completely right.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Right before I get on stage, moments before, I hear voices again.

Whispering, hissing, screaming at me. Suddenly, the audience doesn't sound happy. It sounds scared. Like they are crying for us, save us, save us please!

i can't concentrate, i can't hear anything but the voices.

Its not over, they say, last show, last show

i can't see anything but blurry when i walk out, like always. i can't seeicantseetyleriamsoafraid.

He walks out like he owns the place, and suddenly I'm picking up my drumsticks, and beating whatever the hell is in my brain.

I kick and i fight and i throw things and i beat the living shit out of those drums. like it's all i have left. like i have no control. i am breathing so hard but i can see and the drum beats are drowning out the voices. i am so scared but it's better right tyler? it's better because i am fighting and they won't g e t to m e.

Tyler looks at me, and time stops. He knows I'm fighting it. And I know he's fighting it. I can see my name in his eyes. Of course. Because he is my best friend. We need eachother.

Suddenly it's not so hard. The voices go away. I can hear the audience, the crowd, the crew, my family, calling my name. It's almost over. I'm almost done fighting.