All over again.

The room had a little bed with something like a lamp beside it that lit bright blue. I sat on the side of the bed that was closer to the and the angel who'd escorted me went away.
As soon as she disappeared from my point of vision, I saw something in the blue of the lamp.
It looked like a figure. There were an awful lot of figures everywhere these days. Next, I heard a voice.

"Levian,", it said, "you have been chosen. You must save the world from the reds and I will guide you. Whenever you need help remember the blue and I will be there with you."

I thought it was inside my head again but this time it was real.
The face had features I was sure I had seen before but again it was a blur.
I stepped a little closer to the lamp but then the figure vanished.
I decided to sleep since I'd had quite a day today but even in my sleep the dreams would not leave me. I dreamt about Verne in the locked away cell. Cheeks stained, eyes bloodshot, an expression that could make anyone cry.

When i woke up at what seemed like dawn I found dried tear lines on my face. The dreams of Verne had shaken me up pretty hard.
"I need to see him.", I said to myself and got out of bed.
As I got near the door someone said, "Stop."
I instantly turned back and found that it was Karoline.
"You are not going anywhere out that door."
Her voice was stern. She always sounded angry.

"B..but Verne needs me..", I said, almost crying. Her expression wavered for a second then changed back.
"No, you can't go. The guardian wants you safe and this is the only place you are safe.

"And especially today.. You can't go."

I wondered if I could maybe sneak out sometime later but for now I had to stay in.
"Okay.", I said and quietly went back to the bed.

After a while another angel brought me some breakfast which I ate without complaints. Granted my appetite wasn't as it would be without all this stuff happening, a girl's got to eat.

The angel came back with something to say. "Angelo karoline is asking for you. She's in the back garden".
She lifted the tray of empty plates and went away. I then directly went outside and saw Karoline dressed up in a sweat shirt and track pants.

Yeah. Ridiculous isn't it.

"Karo-"
"I need to talk to you.", she said, not letting me finish what I was going to say.
"Okay.", I said and went closer to her.
"I need to tell you more about what's happening. So where were we? Um..yeah, you are not an ordinary person. You've got these special powers where you can do great things when it's required. You can outrun even devils, outsmart them and much more."

"I've kind of figured that out? What i really want to know is why was I selected?"

"You can save everyone from the reds- the devils."
This hit me like a wave crashing into the shore. I knew something was coming my way but I didn't know that it was this.
I, myself was threatened by those devils!

"But.. how?", I managed to stammer.
"It's just like that- you're touched by angels. The guardian angel has personally chosen you and you are his successor. Okay, not exactly his successor, well I don't have the correct words to explain it. Let me start from the beginning.

"The devils and angels have always existed in this world. We lived in harmony for a long long time. Two sides of the same coin.
Until we actually became two sides of the same coin.

"The devils changed. They became destroyers. No one is sure why and when that even happened. It was like they were forming this brand new cult. They started hunting on humans and eating their bone marrows.

"We have long since figured out that most of the energy a human is comes from his blood core- the marrow.
They became stronger with all this energy.

"Sooner than we would've liked, the people started to notice and wonder who was doing all this since we weren't known by the humans. That caused us a concern. If the humans found out about us, the things we've spent eternity hiding would be threatened.

"This brought about the system where all the greater angels and the guardian angel would choose a human each, strong at heart, with a good soul, to help him subdue the devils when their numbers rose. The guardian alone can't accomplish this huge task and neither can the other angels. A marked human is needed because humans are a devil's weakness because they are, after all, the source of their strength."

I was rendered speechless.
What was I supposed to say after everything she had just said?

"oh" was the only word that came out, that too, after a long long time.

"Look, Levian,", she continued, "you have to understand that you are our only hope."

"What about all the other marked humans?"

"Levian. You're the strongest of them all right now and we really need that."

"Tell me something truthfully, what about Verne? How is he related to all this?", I asked her with almost desperation in my voice.

She seemed to hesitate at that a bit but at last she said, "He is your guardian."
I looked at her blankly.
"He is the one who protects you. So when he was taken away by the cops, you were unsafe. That's when the devils marked you."
She was trying to sound sure about whatever she had just said but I knew she was hiding something. I decided it would be best not to pressurize her at this moment. I would let it go.

I smiled at her and turned back to head toward my room when suddenly I remembered something I couldn't let go.

"One more question. Last one for now, I promise.", I said turning back towards her.

She nodded so I went ahead, "So I understand that's the reason why the devils are tracking me, because I can destroy them and everything but then why wasn't I told all this till now?"

As always, she seemed a little taken aback but had a reason ready to use, "Well, your designated guardian is supposed to protect you for a few years but in your case, it lasted for more than a few years because we faced an unusual situation."
I thought she would tell me what the situation was but then she turned around to stare at the emptiness again so I quietly moved towards my room.

Night came before I could even forget his dreams and her words. I don't even remember when I fell asleep and slipped right back where I had woken up.
I saw a weird light and I saw Verne.

"VERNE!!", I shouted and woke up to see the figure  from that morning in the blue lamp light again.
"You have to stay where you are. I promise, I am here to protect you."

God, who was this figure? I knew this person..

"Lee."
Verne? Was that him?

"Though I'm not with you, I am within your soul. Find me in there and we will be together again."

Verne!

I blinked once and it was gone. He was gone.
Again. All over again.
I couldn't keep doing this.

I needed to get out.