Touched

I didn't know what I was really doing but whatever i was felt really right at that time.

Just around the turn was Pensen street. As I turned the curb I saw someone cross the street right in front of my car. I pressed hard on the brake and cursed

I hurried out of the car to see who I had hit but there was no one there. Confused, I went back inside, waited for some time to see if anything might happen and then continued on my way.

Just then I saw someone again. This time the shadow was near a fire hydrant, sitting down.

I was sure there really was someone so I got off the car and went towards whoever it was.

As I got closer, the figure started moving. It was saying something to me but I couldn't hear it.

"Sorry?", I said, not sure what to anticipate.
A little louder it said, "Follow me. It's time."

For a moment I was almost frozen. But I had no other option so I followed the man.

We entered an alley, like the one the voice had said in my dream. There we entered a room which was lit by many dim lights. He seated himself on a grim looking chair and asked me to do the same.
Again a bit of hesitation but I gave in.

"Levian.", his voice saying my name shook me to my core. Only god knows how he knew my name. "You are not just any other girl. You are special", he continued.

Yeah sure, I thought to myself but just to be on the safe side I kept quiet and continued looking at him, hoping he'd say something more.

"Levian, thank you for trusting me and coming here. Now listen carefully because this is very important. It's the start of your destiny.", he gave me a dead stare, "You have to find out who you truly are and use that to help Verne."

This is absurd. What does that even mean?

He simply continued, "Like I said, you are not ordinary, you have been touched by angels. I know this may seem strange but the truth remains the truth. How you deal with it is what matters."

So this is what I find out, that some stupid angel touched me. I couldn't deal with it.

"Listen, I am just me! Alright? I am plain old Levian. No one else. I don't know any angel let alone to be touched by one. I don't even know who you are, no idea why I even came here for crying out loud."

Any other person would have been taken aback at my eruption but he just sat there, emotionless just like before.

His emotionless face made something inside me settle. Maybe I should hear him out.
But that didn't change the fact that Indidn't know what this meant. I glanced at him hoping he would say something but again that didn't happen.

I finally managed to say, "Who are you?"
His lips turned into a lopsided smile, "Well you don't have to know that. But just for the sake of it call me Andrew."
Okay that's not what I meant when I asked you who you were. I thought.
"Knowing me is not what you should concern yourself with.", he said like he'd heard me.
This guy was starting to scare me now so I just nodded.

"You need to go right now Levian.", he got up and began walking outside so I followed him. As I got back into my car I asked him, "What about the whole angel stuff? How can I help Verne with that?"
"Your dreams will lead you.", he said and simply disappeared into the dark, just as mysteriously as he'd appeared.