chapter twenty eightt

Start from the beginning

"Well these are all medical ones... So maybe we should look at like... Maps or something." Kitsune started walkign over to a differnt wall of books as I followed her.

The guys seemed to be as confused as I was, havign no idea where to start among the vast selection. 

I turned around while Kit stood on her tiptoes, grabbing a few books off a shelf, all seemign to contain maps of the areas around Konoha. Kankuro and Kiba both shrugged, while Gaara was lookign off to the side. I shrugged back and then pointed to a differnt wall with a plate over the shelves that stated "Konohagakure History."

Kiba walked over and pretended to look around, but I could tell he was focussed on the wall on the opposite side of the room that had weapons on hooks.  And he seemed much more interested in a large katana than the history of his village.

Kankuro sighed and trudged over, grabbing a random book and walking to a nearby table, opening it to a random page and reading.

Gaara did almost the same, except he walked normally instead of dragging his feet like my other brother...

"Ooh look!" I turned back to Kitusune, who had a large stack of books in her arms.  She was trying to put another on the very top.

"Kit!" I stepped forward and grabbed a few off the top of her stack before they all toppled over.

"Thanks..." She laughed a little and walked with me over to the table Gaara and Kankuro sat at, dropping her books on it.  I caught a glimpse of the titles. 

"Maps of Konohagakure", "The Land of Fire" And about six more with the almost exact same names.  As she picked one off the top and started slowly flipping throgh pages, skimming for anything interesting or helpful, I noticed Kiba was nowhere in sight.

'What else were we to expect...' I sighed and picked up a book for myself, opening to the first page and began reading.

Kitsune's POV

My eyes scanned over the pages, looking for something... Anything.

'Come on... Come on...' 

The only pages I bothered looking at were the ones that showed maps with sections of the borders of the Land of Fire, not caring about anywhere closer to Konoha. Just looking for anything I could remember... 

"There!" I jumped out of my chair, knocking it backwards onto the floor in the process. The other three looked up at me, and I heard a "SSHH!" From somewhere behind a bookcase.

"What?!" Kankuro whisper-yelled.

"Look! There! right there!" I jabbed my pointer finger into the spot on the map, turnign the book so they could all see.

They looked at the book, with raised eyebrows.

"What are we looking at?" Temari asked. 

"I think this is it!" I jabbed my finger into the book again.  The place I had found was in a small valley, surrounded by small mountains.  It was tiny, but it seemed to fit everything I could remember. It was pretty far from Konoha, but close enough that it wouldn't take more than two days to get there.

"It's the only place on the map like this!" I knew I could be wrong, but I still wanted to find out more...

"It's just a valley." Gaara said, looking as confused as the other two.

"Yeah there's not even a village there." Kankuro pointed out.

"Well maybe it's just not on the map! I at least want to check this out..." I folded down the top corner of the page, and closed the book. "So I'm gonna take this home, and ask Tsunade or Shizune about it." I walked to the lady at the front desk, asking her if I could check the book out.