chapter twenty fourr

Okay guys! So I don't do these little things before the story, but this time around I felt obligated to do it!

So I want to say thanks to all the people who commented on the last chapter! Personally, I hated it with a burning passion... But it was awesome to know you guys still liked it!

Sorry this chapter's out a little late, I literally wrote it four times before deciding this was the one I liked! Enjoyy though!

<3!

*Go little recap!*

" Maybe if it was good we would want to..." Temari mumbled and we both laughed.

"I'm lost." Kiba shook his head, and Akamaru barked in agreement. "So it's raining in the desert, and the gate that can't close, is closed?"

"Fine. I tried and I'm done." Kankuro sat back and frowned, while Temari just laughed.

"Well what now?" I asked and shufted my feet under me.

"I guess we just wait until power comes back on..." Temari sighed.

'Great stuck in the dark for who knows how long.' I sighed with Temari.

*End little recap*

It was three in the freaking morning. And yeah, the power was still out. But the only one asleep was Kiba. Even Akamaru was still awake! And Kankuro! And somewhere in the time frame of where I came downstairs and now, Gaara had come inside and downstairs.

When he first came down, he was soaking wet from being outside in the pouring rain. And at the current moment, Kankuro was shuffling cards for his favorite game.

Poker. Not strip poker, just normal poker. Only because Temari hit him over the head when he suggested it.

"Okay." Temari sighed and yawned. I was sitting next to her leaning my back against the table. Gaara sat across from me and next to Kankuro, both of them leaning on the couch.

"Know what I just realized?" Kankuro set his cards face down and looked up at us.

"No but I bet you're gonna tell us..." I murmured, my eyes focused on the cards I had drawn.

"Damn straight I am!" Kankuro smirked and thought for a second.

"Hold that thought." I set my cards down and grabbed a pillow from the couch, throwing it at Kiba to wake him up. "Continue!" I said to Kankuro.

"Well we've only got two months left." Kankuro said.

"Didn't Kitsune already tell us that?" Gaara set his cards down and crossed his arms while Temari just raised an eyebrow in question. But Kankuro had a valid point.