Instead of focusing on Robin I decided I'd go out on patrol and join Tim tonight. While I missed Robin, there wasn't much I could do to bring her to me, so I had to make do and carry on, no reason to be moping around. I jumped off my bed and headed for the cave, greeting Tim when I saw him already there in his red robin gear, watching the computer screen with his eager eyes. "Hey Timmy~" I cheered. "Hey Dick what you doing down here? It's my shift tonight" he asked. "Honestly I need to busy myself, you got anything I can do?" I asked. Tim's smile shifted a little when I mentioned busying myself, he was doing the same thing as me, we all had ways of coping, this was his, computers and patrol. "There's nothing yet, but I was thinking, we could try make our own device that allows us to travel like Robin does." He said. "Hm sounds good, but how would we do that, even I don't know what gave Robin her powers." I replied, my mind beginning to fill with theories.

"Well I was thinking more about how she travels. She can obviously manipulate space because she can teleport, we don't know yet about if she can control time, but something The Flash said interested me. Aside from complaining that Robin knew he was Barry, he apparently could run through Robin's portal like it was his own" Tim explained. It definitely caught my attention. "Wait so are you suggesting that she travels through space and time similarly to Barry?" I asked intrigued. Tim nodded. "Although it's not the same because obviously Robin isn't part of the speed force" Tim clarified. "Yeah you're right, it's still interesting though!" I replied, feeling a little happier than before. Tim smiled too, it was obvious he was missing Robin as his smile was a partial lie he told so convincingly.

"Cheer up Timmy, Robin will come back to us, she won't leave just like that" I said, putting my hand on his shoulder. "I know Dick, it's just I'm worried about what she's thinking about. If she's like Bruce she won't tell anyone anything" he replied, his voice a little quieter than before. "She's not like Bruce, I grew up with her and she told me everything" I said reassuring him."But she didn't this time" Tim replied. I stayed silent, the truth of the situation striking my heart once again. "I'm sorry Dick, I shouldn't have said that" he apologised. "It's okay Tim, the truth hurts sometimes, we've just gotta live with it". Tim nodded in reply and began typing on the computer again, signalling to me our conversation was over. "I'm going to Blüdhaven, call me if you get anything new about Robin's powers Timmy" I called out. I grabbed my gear and most importantly my grappling hook before heading out.

If there was one thing I enjoyed doing it was running through the wind, the jump and the fall made my heart and body race with excitement as my adrenaline released the stress and pain. Normally I would walk around a bit instead of doing some jumps and falls, but today I needed the distraction. I decided I'd check all the frequent hotspots for crime on my way through Gotham, which included stingy alleyways lined with dirt and rubbish and the small corner stores that stood out, with bright neon signs that screamed 'Rob me' and 'Open to thieves'. After my usual route I roamed freely, still keeping my guard on high alert for any thugs walking around. It usually cleared my head when I did this, but my mind was still interested in what Tim had mentioned earlier. Travelling realms like Robin will be hard to recreate with a machine, but with brains like ours I'm sure the batfamily could come up with something. Wait. Didn't the Joker manage to get a machine like that? Isn't that how Robin got here in the first place?

My thoughts froze me in place, my feet on the edge of a building on the outskirts of town. I groaned and turned back around, annoyed that I'd come so far to only turn back. "Timmy, I'm coming back, I've just had a really interesting train of thought which you might want to hear" I said via com link. "Well we'll have to talk about it while we work, there's a bank robbery in the centre of town, I'll meet you there" he replied. Hearing there was finally work to do inspired me to move quicker and I began sprinting now, using my speed and momentum from jumping and falling to get me into a steady rhythm which flew me to my destination. Once there I spotted Tim in his Red Robin gear and I grappled over to him. "So what's the insight on this one?" I asked. "There's thugs inside, three hostages, they've got dynamite traps on the doors. They're using the back entrance, luckily for us there's also a roof access to the building" Tim explained, bringing up the building's floor plan, on a hologram from the device on his wrist. I nodded and we began heading towards the vent.

"So who's going for the money and who's going for the hostages?" I asked. Unlike Bruce, who always took the lead, I always offered it to my partner if I was ever working with anyone else. Especially if it was Tim or Damian, because by taking the lead it helped them get more experience and confidence, although it wasn't like they didn't have enough of it already. I also enjoyed watching them at work as it made me feel nostalgic and then there were other times where I felt too lazy and would take the easier option anyway. "I'm feeling pretty tired today so you save the hostages, I'll stop the money" Tim replied. "Hostages it is then. I'll meet you back in the main lobby when you're done, don't forget to bring the thugs with you" I replied, adrenaline running through me as we got into action. "Sure, see you soon" Tim replied as he slipped into the vent. He dropped immediately out and into the building to reach the mainframe while I stayed in the vent and moved further down through them avoiding any cameras in the process.

Once I was above the main lobby, I located where the hostages were before locating where their criminal captors were. "Hey is there any sign of the bat?!" One thug shouted. "Not yet, it could be one of those others heroes though!" Another voice replied. Every time we completed missions successfully and without a hitch I always seemed to feel incredibly cocky, like it raised Nightwing's ego every time I gained a new win, not that it stopped Dick Grayson from feeling cocky too. When the backs of all the thugs were turned, or somewhat in an opposite direction to my landing zone, I silently dropped from the vent and began to sneak around the desks and walls to reach them. My first target was a thug who had snuck off to the toilet. Upon leaving the restroom I knocked him out cold and left his unconscious body on the floor. The next two I took down simultaneously, knocking their heads together before punching one in the face and one in the crotch, making him keel over from shock. Tough luck tough guy, I may be a guy but I'm still gonna hit you where it hurts. Only a few minutes later I saw Tim come to me, video footage of his thugs tied up in the loading bay above the device on his wrist. "Good job Red" I said. He smiled. "Same to you Nightwing"

Okay so I feel this is more of a filler chapter than anything because I felt I needed to do something batfamily related instead of everything being just about Robin. I hope you enjoyed reading this! I appreciate all you readers very much, don't forget to vote!

Lizzy :)