<< CHAPTER VI >>

Beginne am Anfang

"Shut up you bastard! You've been playing me! You're such an arrogant ass in the real world and such a- such a-" I groaned stomping towards the creek.

"Lil! Where are you going!"

"I'm gonna drown myself! Duh!" I sunk deeper into the water taking a deep breath and submerging myself.

It was no use, I didn't need to breath in a dream. None of this was real. I stared ahead in the murky water sitting cross legged on the bottom.

I was suddenly turned around and he held me to his chest tightly, so I couldn't escape.

There had been times where I'd been in this exact position, but I had wanted to be caught. To be held and possibly kissed by him, now I really wanted away.

"Put me down." I continued to glare.

"Why?"

"You know perfectly well why!" I yelled tugging on his wet hair.

"Ouch! Let go damnit!" He released me and I swam away down the creek.

The further I went the brighter it got. I had never tested the boundaries of our, my, dream reality.

Slowly everything turned white and even sound faded the further I went.

"Hey! Lil-"

I had to keep going. Soon everything was engulfed in white and there was nothing in every direction.

Then suddenly I couldn't breath.

I woke up gasping for air and drenched from head to toe in salty creek water.

-----

"What's up with you?" Bri questioned as I sleepily snacked on my breakfast, resting on the armchair in our living room.

When I had woken up it had been only six and I had to take a shower and wash all my sheets, and then I refused to go to sleep I didn't want to have to face him again.

"Where's mom and dad?" I asked tiredly.

"Work... Italy." She mumbled taking my half finished bowl from my lap.

I leaned back on the couch nearly falling asleep again before there was a knock at the front door.

"I'll get it!" Bri called, showing the side of herself that may actually be a kid.

"Whatever."

I heard the door open and a few quiet words were exchanged.

"Sis! There's... someone at the door for you."

I got up and walked towards the entry hall with a tried yawn. At least I had changed into pants and a t shirt after my shower.

"Yea- Seth!" I shrieked. "W-why are you here!" I yelled glancing from Bri to Seth, he was soaked.

"You know why I'm here."

"Lillian is everything alright?" Bri tugged me away from the door.

"E-everything's fine... go get ready for school." I ordered and shook her off, stepping out into the brisk morning air.

"Why did you run off like that!" Seth yelled once the door was shut.

"Be quiet, it was only a dream Seth, nothing dangerous could happen." I muttered looking anywhere but him and his cold dark eyes.

"But it did! When you did that you collapsed and before I got to you, you disappeared. Do you know how fucking scared I was!"

"Seth it was only-"

"Stop it! When I went to you everything turned white and when I woke up I couldn't breath and I was soaked. I called Cody to find out where you lived and ran straight here."

"You didn't have to do that, I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself." I insisted.

"But-"

"Just go home Seth. I have to get ready for work." I avoided his gaze.

With one last curse he stormed off, walking away.

I couldn't help but think about it the rest of the day, and how worried he looked, and how terribly different he was than my dream man!