Chapter Six

When I woke up I was still in Patrick's arms, he was sound asleep along with the other band members. I poked my  head up some to see what time it was- it was nearing three in the morning. I sighed and placed my head back down on Patrick's chest. Why was I awake? I asked myself as I stared off in the darkness of the hotel room. I closed my eyes in a failed attempt to go back to sleep. A few moments passed as I tried forcing myself to fall back to sleep. I could feel Patrick start to stir. I froze in place, praying he doesn't notice I am awake.

"Rose..."He muttered. 

I peeked up and through the red light of the clock I was able to tell he was still asleep. A sigh of relief filled me. 

Why did he say my name? I kept watching him through what little light there was in the hotel room. His chest rised and fall in a smooth pace as he slept. He looked so cute, so innocent as he slept. I made small cirlces on his chest with my fingertips as I laid there. 

I heard someone clear their throat and it took me a second to realize that it was Patrick. I jumped and quickly pulled my fingers away, embarassed. 

"You're up early..." He whispered. 

I looked up at him and nodded. "Couldn't slee-" The next thing I know he has me pulled up to where I am laying onto of him. I look down at him, blushing. 

"It's okay... I couldn't either." I could hear the smile in his voice as he spoke.

His fingertips trailed up and down the small of my back as we spoke to each other in hush tones. We talked about what our plans were going to be and how we were going to go about them.

I was just starting to fall asleep when he started to ask me a question.

"Huh?"I muttered, my eyes wouldn't stay open.

"Will you be mine?" He asked. 

My eyes flew open and I proped myself up some to look at him. They way he was looking at me made my heart melt.

"Will you?" He asked again, nervous. 

"Yes." I smiled. This is what I wanted right? I've always wanted to be with Patrick but how come something about this feels so wrong.

He smiled and laid his head back going back to sleep. What sleep I did get, was very little. 

The next morning, Pete was going on about how late we were.

"Shit! Guys! Get up!" He shouted.

I heard Joe say "Fuck." Then Andy followed with. "Okay, man just please..."

I didn't want to move from my spot and I think Patrick didn't want to either.

"Come on, lovebirds. You too!" Pete was standing at the edge of the bed when I looked up. 

I nodded and started to get up when Patrick groaned. "No..."

I looked at him and so did Pete. 

"Patrick, dude. Wake the fuck up. We gotta get on the road if we want to make it on time." Pete was annoyed. He started to throw clothing into suitcases. Andy and Joe started to take things to the van.

Patrick looked at Pete. "Fine. I sit in the back with Rose though." 

Pete was pissed. "Dude, you promised. Remember bros before hoes?" He looked at me." No offence, I don't think you are a hoe."

I just nodded. "None taken."

Patrick just sighed. "I was with you on the way there. It's okay if I sit in the back. Just get the rest in the van. We'll be right there."

After the hotel was cleared and the guys were in the van, Patrick and I started out to the van.

"Thanks." He said as we climbed into the van.

A few hours later, we were still on the road. Pete hadn't talked since we left the hotel. I'm guessing he is still mad at Patrick. Patrick had me semi pulled into his lap as he was talking to Joe. It  looks like both Pete and Patrick are mad at each other. 

I sighed sadly as I looked forward and out the front winsheild. If I wasn't here they wouldn't be fighting. I would feel horrible if I broke up their friendship.

Nightfall came and we all decided another hotel would be nice. We pulled in some random Day Inn and quickly got our stuff in a room. Andy was the first one to fall asleep. Joe was watching TV when Pete left the room.

He didn't say anything, he just left. 

Patrick sighed. " I really don't know why he is acting out the way he is..."

"Maybe it's my fault.."I whispered.

Patrick made me look at him. " It isn't your fualt at all!" 

I just nodded. We were sitting on the bed side by side, the tv was going and yet everything seemed so far away when he looked at me. Am I suppose to feel this way? I felt scared of this feeling and just wanted to run away. But yet here I am, next to Patrick and I'm not running. 

"Let's not think about that okay?" He asked. We both hated confertation. 

I nodded and leaned onto him as we watched whatever Joe was watching. At some point, I think I drifted off to sleep. Because when I came to, I could here the guys talking about me.

"I mean, what has gotten into you Patrick?" Pete asked.

He hates me...

"Nothing!" Patrick responded. 

"Dude, I don't think I've ever know you to bring a girl with us anywhere." Joe said, the tv had been turned off. 

"She is something different..."Patrick spoke softly.

"Well. I am beginning to think that this was a mistake letting her go with us." Pete said with so much hate in his voice.

 I couldn't believe this. My favorite band hates me... Maybe I should of stayed behind. I would of gotten use to life and I could of made it better. But instead I chose to run from everything and look where it got me. No where. I felt like I was falling apart. Why am I so stupid? 

(uh-oh conflict with Pete XDDD hope you guys enjoy!!))