Chapter Twenty-Six

Rose's POV

-Couple Months Later-

"Where did I put that?" I, hating that I was short, was fumbling around in the spice shelf trying to find garlic. I grabbed what felt like it was garlic then suddenly everything was going backwards, I tripped. I winced as I rubbed the back of my head. Damn it. 

I heard the sound of someone chuckle, I jumped and looked up to see Pete standing above me. 

"Klutz." He smiled as he helped me back up.

I just nodded as a thank you, my cheeks were a bright red. I could of sworn I was alone. "Whatcha need, Pete?" I asked as I fished around in the fridge for some chicken.

"Oh, uhm." His tone of voice changed suddenly. "I wanted to speak to Patrick about something..." 

"Oh, okay. Well, he'll be back later. I'm trying to get dinner done before then, want to stay?" I asked as I successfully found the chicken. I began to chop it up and started some noodles.  Pete just smiled awkwardly as he pulled up a bar stool. 

"Yeah sure, thanks." He began toying with the bananas. 

"What's wrong?" I asked as I placed the chicken into the pan. There was a loud sizzle then it would die down some as I cooked. 

"Nothing.." His voiced trailed off at the same time the door opened. 

"Rose!" I heard Patrick, he still sounds scared every time he enters the door.

It's been a rough couple of months, especially with me trying to readjust to my previous life. I still get scared and I have trouble being alone. Patrick is extremely overprotective of me now and it makes sense. He doesn't like to leave me alone unless he absolutely has to. I'm alright with that, I don't like leaving his side. 

Another strange thing that's been going on is how Pete's been with Patrick. It alarms me more than it should. Pete's around more, not that it is a bad thing, it's just weird. Before he hated me and didn't like to be around me. Now, he's just everywhere. Something tells me it's going to be a big thing that Pete is going to tell Patrick. A small part of me, which is irrational, thinks that Pete may be in love with Patrick. 

Patrick strode in and quickly walked over to me and hugged me. I smiled, I kept moving the chicken pieces around to make sure they were cooking just right. He kissed the top of my head and then turned to Pete.

"Hey, man, what's up?" Patrick asked. 

"Uhm, I need to speak to you alone." Pete sounded so nervous. 

"Alright, let's go to the backyard." Patrick then turned to me. "Babe, it won't be too long. It smells wonderful, by the way." He smiled and I did the same. 

I watched as the backdoor closed.

                                                                                        Pete's POV

I didn't think I would be so nervous driving up to Patrick's place. I kept glancing at the clock, he would be home soon. Then I could tell him what was up. These...feelings...were something I wasn't used to. I mean, yes, I've been with others and felt 'love'. I'm not even sure where my mind is going with this.

Patrick is my best friend and has been through a lot with Rose and everything. But if only he hadn't met her...I hate her for making Patrick hurt. I've always disliked her from the beginning. I knew she would get in the way of Patrick and I. She just had to show up out of the blue and ruin everything. 

I can't let her know this because I still want to be able to hang out with Patrick without it being....weird. I came inside only to see her fall. A part of me wished she would of hit her head hard and died. That's wishful thinking though.... So, all I could do was laugh and help her up. I asked about Patrick and watched, anxiously, while she cooked. It did smell good. 

Then the door opened and my heart stopped. What if I couldn't tell him this? I need to... Pete, you can do this!  Jealously filled me as I watched him pull her into his arms. He kissed the top of her head and I nearly gagged. He turned to me and I smiled at him, hoping that he didn't notice my disgust. If he did, he would probably think that I didn't want to seem them all lovey dovey. 

"Hey, man, what's up?" Patrick asked.

My heart began to beat hard against my chest. I hope he couldn't hear it. 

It was now or never. "Uhm, I need to speak to you alone." Damn it, I couldn't hide the nervousness. 

Patrick looked at me oddly. "Alright, let's go to the backyard." I watched as he turned towards her. "Babe, it won't be too long. It smells wonderful, by the way." They both smiled at each other.

Bleck!

I followed Patrick out to the backyard. He turned and looked at me. I shivered a bit, and not because of the weather, it was actually warm. I was just so nervous. 

"So, what's up? You're acting kind of strange." Patrick leaned against the backdoor and looked at me. 

He looked so perfect, the way the sun just hit made it seem as if he was an angel. An angel that probably wouldn't speak to me again. I just hope that he doesn't hate me. 

"Uh,well..."My voice trailed off as I tried to gather more courage.

"You know you can speak to me about anything. I'm your friend." Patrick stood up again and walked over to me. He placed a hand on my shoulder and I couldn't think straight.

Why does Rose get to have him and not me? She doesn't deserve something so magical. Damn it, Pete stop being so fucking corny and get on it with it. 

"I like you." I said.

"Dude, I like you too, we're best buds." He said, obviously not getting it.

I sighed. 

"No, Patrick." I paused. "I like like you." 

Patrick just stared at me not speaking. It was quiet for a long time. I gulped as he just stared at me, shock filled his angelic features. I heard the door open and it was Rose.

"Din..."She stopped speaking when she saw Patrick. She looked at me and I notion for her to go back in and she does. 

Shit, now what.

(SORRY That I've been gone for a while, just kind of got writer's block on this story. o.o Decided to you know, spice things up ;) Hope you enjoy! Till next time :) )