Chapter Thirty-Nine

Author's Note: I really hope you guys don't hate me >.< I'm sorry I torture Rose all the time but it's how I defeat my own issues. I write it out haha, I'm kind of twisted thooo lol. I promise that this story will end on a good, happy note! :) 

                                                                                   Rose's POV

I sat on the bed crying, I could slightly hear Patrick outside talking. I looked back at the mirror and grew disgusted by my stomach. I hated seeing Adam all the time. This is his baby and I don't want it. I don't want anything that has to do with him. I hated the way he made me feel. I'm constantly watching my back. I never know when he is going to appear. I feel like I'm going insane and I know Patrick is noticing it. 

I lean back on my hands and stared up at the ceiling trying to remember things before all of this mess. Before Adam. I almost wish it was still Bree that I was dealing with. I wish Luna was still here. I wish Patrick never got into that accident. I wish Pete didn't hate me, well at least it's not as bad. I wish that Pete didn't like Patrick. I wish Patrick didn't think that I'm crazy. I wish I was pregnant with Patrick's baby and not Adam's. I wish my parents were still alive. I wish my brother would speak to me. I wish things were different.

I can't take this anymore. I feel as if I no longer have the energy to fight and continue on. I want to die. I don't want this baby. I know this is wrong and that the baby didn't ask for this but neither did I. I don't want this child to feel bad because when I see it all I'll see is Adam. It's not fair to the child. It's not fair for Patrick either. 

I sighed, tears rolling down my cheeks as I laid completely back. I felt the bed shift, I turned my head to see Adam laying there. 

"What's wrong?" He asked, his hand laid protectively over my stomach. 

I shuddered, feeling sick. "Nothing." 

He scooted closer to me and I tensed up. "It's okay, don't worry. You'll be happy soon." 

He smiled and kissed my cheek. I tried to pull away from him, this was feeling to real for my own liking. 

I pushed him away from me and stood up. I looked down at my stomach then at him. I had to do something about him. I had to try a way to get rid of Adam. A smile of true insanity appeared on my lips as a horrid thought came to play. I could just get rid of the baby and Adam would go away. I would no longer be tortured by his presence. I could breathe again and feel like myself once more. 

He looked at me strangely. "What's going on in that mind of yours?" He sounded a bit nervous. 

I laughed. "I'm getting rid of the baby and you." 

He sat up, anger filled his face as he stood up. "You aren't doing anything to the baby. That's ours!" 

"You're not real, Adam, so why should it matter to you? You're just a figment of my imagination, right? So if I kill off the last thing that's yours, you should go away forever." I started to leave the room to go to the kitchen.

Everything felt so strange, I didn't feel completely myself. It was like I watching myself from some far away place. I grabbed a knife not really thinking any of this through. A small part of my mind screamed in panic. I just ignored it. I had only one thought in my mind: Get rid of Adam. 

I wandered back into the bedroom, chuckling a bit. I sat down on the floor, staring at Adam. Horror twisted his features as he tried to figure out a way to stop me.

"Rose, if you do this, you'll regret this." Adam said, pleadingly. 

I just shook my head. "I want you gone, Adam." 

I took the knife, raised my arms up, and stabbed my stomach. Immense pain flooded my body as blood began spilling out. I suddenly felt very lightheaded as I watched the blood trickle out of my body. Adam was freaking out. 

He was still here. What the hell?!

Then it was lights out. 

"ROSE!!!" I could hear someone calling from the distance. I was still wrapped up in a blanket of darkness. It felt so very nice in this dark place. I felt nothing but peace. 

"Rose, baby, no." They were crying. 

Why were they crying? There was nothing wrong. 

"ROSE!" 

Suddenly,  I was brought back. There was Patrick, holding me, blood coating him. Then the pain, oh God the pain. It was horrendous. I couldn't breathe, I began panicking. 

I looked around myself and Adam wasn't there. Did it work?

Patrick stared at me, crying. "Why, Rose? Why would you do this?" 

Patrick was...upset with me? I thought this would fix everything. 

"I'm...sorry...."I whispered, I could barely speak.

Then, I fell back out. 

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"She's fine. The baby is fine too, she missed him by a few inches. She's quite lucky that her and her baby made it through." I could hear someone talking. 

Ugh, I hated this hazy, groggy feeling. 

"That's good." That was Patrick speaking.

"I do think she needs to be put on some anti-depressants. Maybe that'll help." The doctor, I think it's the doctor could be the nurse, spoke. "Maybe a therapist too." 

"Okay, I'm just glad she made it out alive and okay." Patrick patted my arm.

What if he ends up not wanting to be with me? I just couldn't handle seeing Adam everywhere. It was killing me. 

I felt my eyes open and the brightness of the room made me squeeze them back shut. 

"Hey, love." Patrick leaned in and kissed my cheek.

My eyes fluttered back open as I looked up at him, tears spilling down my cheeks. "I'm so sorry, Patrick." I whispered. 

"It's okay, we're going to get you help." He said with a smile.

"Okay...please forgive me Patrick..." I couldn't help but cry.

"Shh, it's fine..." He pulled me into his arms and kissed me deeply.

"I'm not mad at you at all." He smiled. "I understand why you did that. You know you could of told me about who you were seeing... I would of helped you." 

"I know, Patrick but I didn't want to worry you.." 

"You shouldn't have to feel that way. I love you and want to care for you." He leaned in and kissed me again.

When my eyes opened back up, Adam was staring at me, smiling with victory.