Chapter Thirty-Six

Authors Note: Talk about a messed up few months. I haven't been able to update because in my life shit hit the fan. So, I've been dealing with that but was finally able to find time to update. Enjoy!!!

                                                                     Rose's POV

It's been a few weeks since that accident and Patrick has been getting around a lot better. It's getting harder for me to be alone when Adam has yet to leave me be. I let my hand rest on my stomach as I stared at my reflection. My eyes watered as I forced myself to look away. 

"Aw, what's wrong?" I heard him ask as I left the bathroom. I just ignored him. I thought I had finally gotten over these sightings...apparently not. 

"Babe..don't be like that?" Adam trailed close behind me. 

I stood up straighter, trying my best not to freak out as I made my way into the kitchen. This isn't real. I opened the fridge and pulled out juice. When I closed the door, Adam was there smiling at me. He placed a hand on my shoulder and I jumped at how real that felt. He leaned in, his breath hot on my cheek.

"Don't forget whose child that belongs to..."He whispered into my ear before pulling back some and looking deep into my eyes. "and don't forget that you belong to me." 

I started to shake as I turned away the fading figure of Adam.  I set down the jug and stared at the wall, the room was starting to spin. I couldn't think straight, all I could hear was Adam's voice. His voice echoed through out my head as I tried to make my way to the couch. The tears I had tried so hard to fight off came pouring down. 

I sat down, shaking hard. Why is this still happening? I looked out the window and watched as the rain ran races down the window. The world outside was grey and cold, just like I was. I sighed and turned away from the window. A few more moments passed and I was able to stand up again.

"Carry on my wayward son..

I jumped at the sound of my ring tone. I quickly got up and started to search for my phone.

"There'll be peace when you are done..

I sighed as I searched the pillows then gave on up on that and made my way to my room.

"Lay your weary head to rest.."

I opened the door and could hear the buzzing of my phone.

"Don't you cry no more.." 

I grabbed it and quickly answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey babe.."It was Patrick. 

Patrick was still in the hospital. They were keeping him for physical therapy. Though I hated our time away from each other, I knew that it was for the best.

"I miss you.." I had to swallow back the tears.

"I know you do.." I could hear the pain in his voice.

This whole not seeing each other all the time has taken a huge toll on the both of us. I sighed as I l listened to the background. Sounds of machines beeping, voices on the intercom, and sounds of the tv playing filled my ears. 

"So, any news on your recovery?" I asked after a few moments passed. 

He cleared his throat. "Well, they said that I can walk with crutches now. They even said that by the ending of the week I should be able to come home."

I was instantly filled with a feeling of relief. "That's good." 

The rest of our conversation was filled of small talk, we just wanted to hear each other's voices. I missed him so much. 

After the conversation ended, I wandered the house bored. I managed to pass time with Sims. As I was playing , I heard something move in the kitchen. Nervous, I picked up a pencil, and made my way to the kitchen. I really hoped no one was there because I'm pretty sure a pencil wouldn't save me.

I walked out there, walking as softly as I could. I stopped dead in my tracks to see Adam messing with a knife. I gulped and stood up straight. It's just in my head, I kept telling myself. He turned when he heard me drop the pencil.

"Ah, there you are." He said as he stared at his reflection through the knife. 

I gulped again trying to figure out what to say. "W-what do you w-want?" I stuttered. Great, there goes the authority in my voice I was hoping to invoke. 

"I want you." He said smiling. He placed the knife back in the holder and made his way over to me. 

"N-no." I barely whispered as I walked in the table in a feeble attempt to escape him. I winced as my spine made contact with the sharp edge of the dinning room table. 

"Yes.." His grin turned wicked and I could feel the fear settling in. 

"I want you with me in my world." He continued as he toyed with a piece of my hair. 

"What the hell do you mean?" I said in a rush trying to inch away from him. Rose, this isn't real. I kept telling myself. 

He trailed a finger down my chin then neck, he chuckled as involuntary shiver filled me. 

"See...you like my touch..." His lips were close to mine and I could actually smell him. He reminded me of outside with a hint of chocolates. My vision began to cloud as my body began to fall. 

I was sitting against a black wall and before me was a casket. I slowly stood up and carefully walked over to it. It was a light mahogany color and a bouquet of lilies, roses, and baby's breath set in the middle. I swallowed as my shaking hand reached for the latch. 

I pulled it up and let it fall back in horror. There laid my sweet Patrick, dead. He was dressed in what I first met him in, dark blue denims with black dress shoes, a purple shirt and black vest. His hair was neatly made up as he laid there in his eternal slumber. 

I felt the sob and my body began to shake. I reached on to caress his cheek but as soon as I touched his skin, I jerked back. He was ice cold. I fell into his chest, sobbing hard. I heard a door open the arms were wrapped around me. 

"Shh..." A familiar voice filled my ears. 

Anger washed over me as I spun around. I went to slap Adam hard in the face when he stopped me.

"No, no dear." He said, speaking softly. 

"Why??" I screamed at him.

"Because you're mine..."

I awoke to the sound of a door being knocked on. I groaned as I stood up but regretted it the moment i stood up. I rubbed my throbbing head and felt something gooey and sticky. When I looked at my hand, I saw blood. Oh God..

I made my way over to the door and answered it. Pete looked at me in shock. 

"What happened??" He asked as he walked in.

"Fainted, I guess." I spoke softly as I led him to the kitchen. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked once we were on the couch and I had a rag filled of ice on my head. 

"Oh..."Pete trailed off. 

"Hmm?" I prompted. 

He just stared at me, worry in his eyes. "I needed to let you know that your..." He trailed off again.

"Come on, just tell me?" I was beginning to get annoyed. 

"Your mother died last night." He dropped the bomb on my head and I began to feel woozy. 

(here ya go!!)