Chapter Forty-Five

Brendon's POV

I smiled at her as she looked at me with what appeared to be awe. She already likes me, think I'm off to a good start with her. I glanced over at Adam and was instantly annoyed by his closeness to her. I knew she belong to him but damn, I wanted her for myself. The things I would do to this mortal. I grew hard just thinking of it. 

Her big, green eyes never left mine. It took everything in my power to not waltz over there and sweep her off her feet. I could do that so easily, she would want me. I smiled at her and her plump cheeks redden. 

"Omg." She said after a few moments of silence had passed.

"Hmm?" I responded, smirking.

"I can't wait to tell Patrick!" She said softly, then pain enter her green eyes and I was confused.

"Patrick?" I asked, I hadn't heard that name in what felt like eternity.

She nodded. "He's my love."

I felt like I was punched in the gut and I couldn't comprehended my reaction. She wasn't mine. I barely knew her so why the strong feeling?  

"What about Adam?" I asked, looking over at the very irritated first human. 

"H-he took me..." She said softly, looking down at the sheets. "But for some reason...I've been bewitched by him.." She was avoiding looking at Adam. She thinks she can escape his charm. How sweet.

"Rose.."Adam breathed and just as I expected she was looking up at him with need. 

I chuckled. "Yeah, I don't think you and Patrick are a thing anymore. But man, I need to catch up with him. Ever since I got the new job, it's been hectic." 

Rose looked over at me and just sighed. "He said that you we're busy with new music and that's why you we're never around."

I nodded. "Yeah."

I looked over at Adam, thinking of how I was going to get what I want. I don't know why I want her so badly. She is just a scared, human girl. I looked at her with a very predatory glance and her cheeks were flushed. She was cute. 

"Okay, well, I just wanted to meet you Rose. I saw your baby, so cute." I turned towards the door and looked back.

"Adam," I paused. "Don't forget about Clara. She's been looking for you."

I left after planting the seed. Hopefully, this will work.

                                                                                          Rose's POV

After Brendon left, I couldn't understand what just happened. Why was he making me nervous and all blushy. He did that without some sort of spell. It was like I was with Patrick again. My heart hurt as I thought of him. I knew he was probably still trying to figure out how to save me with those hunters. 

Adam cursed. "Damn it."

Then I remembered what he said before he left. Who was Clara? Did Adam already have someone here? Why did that hurt to think about that? I felt like I was going insane. I couldn't keep up with this place. Too much drama. 

"W-who's Clara?" I asked, voice meek.

"No one." He turned to me and smiled. "She is someone I don't ever want to talk to again."

"Why?" I questioned him more.

He sighed. "She broke my heart." 

"I-I'm sorry..." I looked up at him and he looked pained. 

"It's fine, Rose." He ran a hand through his hair. Then he suddenly looked at me with such intensity. "Avoid Brendon at all costs. Remember who he is." 

I was confused but just nodded. "Okay.."

He pulled me into his arms and nuzzled against me. I just laid there, staring at the ceiling. I just wanted to go home. Go back to normal. 

~Time Jump: One Month Later~

Things are getting harder. Adam is getting more moody. He's already tortured me several times this week and I couldn't take another beating if he got mad again. I wasn't sure what was going on since he wouldn't talk to me about it. Something was bothering him and if I didn't figure it out soon, I won't last long.

"Well, it's time for my trip." Adam looked at me, his eyes cold. "Don't talk to Brendon. I will hurt you if you betray me. Not even Lucifer will be able to save you." 

I gulped. "I-I won't." 

"Good girl," He leaned in and kissed me on my forehead. It was a nice gesture. "I won't be gone long so behave."

I just nodded and watched as he gathered his things. Ten minutes later he was out the door and I was alone. I curled up into a ball and just cried. I cried until my eyes hurt and there was no tears left. I grabbed his pillow and snuggled it, pretending for just a moment it was Patrick. I dream of him constantly. I miss him so fucking much. I would of escaped sooner if I had any idea of how to get out of Hell. 

I was just about to fall asleep when I heard the door open. The light coming from the door made me wake up as I sat up and looked forward. It was Brendon. I looked at him nervously. He walked in and shut the door. I could barley make him out because of how dark the room was. I felt the bed jostle as he climbed in. I tensed up, holding onto the pillow tighter. I was scared. 

"Hey there." His voice was like velvet. 

"H-hi" I nervously responded. 

"Adam's gone." He said and I could hear the smile in his voice.

I just nodded, not caring if he could see me do that or not. I just didn't want to talk. I was afraid of what Adam was going to do to me. How could I control this? 

"You know what..."He started to get closer to me. "if you chose to be with me...I'll let you see Patrick." 

Patrick. I could see him. My heart began to race at the thought of holding him close to me again.

"Only, you wouldn't be his anymore." Brendon continued and I felt my heart sink.

"Oh..." was my response. 

"I want you," he growled and I felt off.

"Let me have you." I could feel his hot breath on my neck. It was different from Adam's cool breath. 

I just nodded. If I go along with this, and he let's me see Patrick that could be my escape. Just fake it till ya make it, Rose. You'll be with him soon enough.

"O-okay" I felt my cheeks get hot. 

(hope you guys enjoy! i should be updating soon :D)