Daryl and her wrists

(Set at the prison in season 3)

SUICIDE HOTLINE: 866-728-7983

Warning: Self harm. Cussing. Ages 13+

Summary: You are in your cell cutting when Daryl comes into the cellblock. You pray he didn't see what you were doing. He asks if you want to go on a run. While in the woods, he confronts you about your self harm.

You picked up the knife. You held it to your wrist. The small slits covered your arms. 'The deeper, the better'. You thought to your self over and over. You started to cry and hyperventilate. "Hey, Y/n?" Daryl was calling out to you. You jolted up and put the knife in your jeans behind you. You pulled your sleeve down to cover the mess. He walked in with the same glare that had no emotion. You had no idea if he saw. "Yeah, Daryl?" He glanced at your wrist then back at you. "Wanna go on a quick run?" You nodded and smiled. "That would be great. I will be out in just a second." He gave a weak smile and left.

You let go of the breathe you didn't know you were holding. 'Thank God'. You thought. You wiped your face and looked at your sleeves. They were covered in blood and tears. It was luckily a black shirt.You walked out of the cell after changing your shirt. "Ready?" Daryl nodded and took the lead. You walked out of the cellblock into the field. He whistled which opened the gate to the prison. you guys walked out of the gate and killed walkers in your way. "We're takin' the woods today." You nodded not knowing why. "K." You could already tell he was in a bad mood.

You made it out to the woods. He stopped in this tracks and spun around. His face was about a foot away from yours. "What's so bad?" You were so confused. "What's so bad in your life, you wanna kill yourself!?" He saw what you were doing. "I don't know." He got real close to your face. "Give me the knife." You looked in his icy eyes. "What?" He reached behind you and swiped the knife from your pants. He put it in your hands and held out his bear arm. "Cut me as many times as you would your self." You shook your head violently and said, "I could never hurt you like that." It finally clicked.Daryl gave you a knowing look. Sadness took over your body. You covered your face and cried. You fell into his arms and sobbed. "I'm sorry, Daryl! I didn't understand!" He kissed your head and buried his face in your neck. "We'll get through this together. I love you. Never do that again."  You slowly looked up at him. "I love you too. God, I'm such an idiot." He gave the slightest giggle. "Lets go back. I wont tell nobody, but you gotta promise never again." You held up your pinky. "Promise." You guys pinky swearer and walked back to the prison.