Daryl and the CDC

(Set at the CDC in season 1)

Warning: Cussing. Ages 13+

Summary: You and the group were staying at the CDC. You woke up to everyone freaking out. Daryl is trying to get you out. When you get out, he confesses his love for you.

You had just woken up. You were stretching and opening your eyes. You heard yelling from the other room. "Open the doors!" And others like, "Press the fuckin' buttons and open it!" You got up and walked to the main room. "What's goin' on?" Daryl rushed over to you and engulfed you in a hug. "Get your shit, we have to leave. This asshole locked us in here. If we don't get out in 30 minutes, we all die." You started to panic and run to your room to pack your things. The yelling was still going on. "My daughter doesn't deserve to die like this!" You knew Carol was crying.

You put everything into your bag and ran out of the room to see what was still going on. "Those doors are designed to withstand a rocket launcher." Jenner was suddenly a bitch. Daryl grabbed an axe just as you walked in. "Yeah, well your head ain't!" You ran to the group holding him back from choppin' this bitch in half. "Daryl! Daryl, stop!"  You were prying the axe out of his hands. "Daryl, let go. You cant kill him just yet." Daryl let you take the axe out of his massive hands.

After 20 minutes of arguing, Jenner finally opened the doors. "Y/n! Come on, we gotta' go!" You grabbed Daryl's hand and ran out of the doors. "The glass won't break?" Sophia was also crying and shaking just like her mom. "Rick! When I was doing your laundry, I found this in your pocket." You handed him a grenade. "Everyone, take cover!" Rick pulled the pin and ran. "Ohh, shit!" He got far away enough were the explosion didn't bother him as much. The windows were gone. "Lets go! We ain't got all day!" You ran with Daryl, hand in hand.

You got to his truck and jumped in. "You good?" Daryl was checking for any scratches or bruises. "Yeah, I'm good. Thanks." He engulfed you in another hug. "I love you, Y/n." You pulled back and looked into his beautiful icy eyes. "Love you too." He grabbed your face with both hands and pulled you in for a long waited kiss. "I don't know what I would have done if I lost you." You sat back in your seat.

"Wait, is that Andria and Dale?" You saw the two figures crawl out of the window. You rolled down you window and started yelling. "Dale! Andria! Get down!" They ran behind a wall of sand. Daryl grabbed you and pushed you onto the floorboard. He climbed on top of you and covered your face. The explosion went off with a loud ground shaking rumble. You had just realized that Jacquie was in there.Daryl got off of you and helped you up. "I didn't crush you too hard, did I?" You giggled and sat up. "No, I'm alright." He drove off with his hand still laced with yours. "I love you, Y/n." You smiled and leaned into his arm. "I love you, Daryl." You had no idea where you were going next but you knew that you were gonna' be happy knowing that Daryl was gonna' be with you the whole time.