Daryl's Flashes

(Set at Hilltop in season 7)

Warning: Some cussing. Sad stuff. Ages 12+

Request: Can you do where reader and daryl are fighting because he just find out she's Negan daughter and during the line up she gets hit instead of Glenn Daryl was upset and Negan was sad because she was daddy's girl Daryl went to hilltop and has flashbacks about her. (They met in season 1 ) Thank you GabbyWest1 for the idea!

You and Daryl had been fighting ever since you mentioned your dad's name. Negan.

"Why didn't you tell me!" Daryl was screaming from across the room.

"Like I'm just going to tell you my dad's Negan! I didn't want you guys to think less of me because of who my dad is! You would just kick me out!" You were now screaming back at him.

"That's not fair, and you know it." He was trying to lower his voice to calm you down. It only made you madder.

"You know what's not fair? The fact that your yelling at me when you don't tell me anything about your past! I don't know anything about you but you have the nerve to yell at me because of who raised me!" You were pissed at him now.

"This has nothing to do with me, Y/n! It would just be nice to know that we have a savior descendent in this town!" He was back to yelling. The best method he knows.

You have had it with Daryl and his yelling for now. You flipped him off and walked out of the house you shared. You slammed the door behind you to show him you were angry. You walked to the gate. "Abraham! Open the gate. I need to go on a walk. I'll be back soon." He opened the gate as you marched out of Alexandria. You were walking in the woods trying to clear your mind. You had been gone for about 2 hours. A whistle drew you out of your thoughts. The one was enough to scare you off. But just as you were about to run, the panic really set in. More whistles joined the one. You were frozen in place. A man came up behind you and shoved you in the back of a van. You crashed with another body. The man yelped in pain as you jumped off him. "Daryl?" He ignored the pain in his shoulder and pulled you in for a bear hug. "Sweetheart, I'm so sorry." The ride was quiet. It was just you and Daryl hugging for the last moments.

Soon the ride was over. You two were drug out of the van to be sat down with your group. They all looked like they had been through a lot. You looked at Rick's face. "Y/n?" You wanted to cry seeing them all like this. "Well, lets bring the man out!" The guy walked to the RV and opened the door. "We pissin our pants yet?" You knew that voice any were. "Daddy?" He walked over to you. "Holy shit. Is that you?" You nodded. He looked to the man above you and nodded. The man behind you knocked you out. You woke up to the word, "IT." You sat back up. "You know the whole point of hitting you was so you didn't have to see this. Oh well. Anybody moves, anybody sais anything, cut the boy's other eye out and feed it to his father. You can breath, you can blink, you can cry, hell...your all gonna be doing that!" The bat connected with Abraham's head.

The rest was a blur. All you remember was Daryl punching Negan. You had no reaction. You wanted to yell but your voice was trapped inside with your emotions. Your thoughts were shoed away by your father's shadow. "So...Daryl, she's yours now?" He bent down to your level. He leaned forward and kissed your four head. "I'm sorry...But I've got to teach lessons." A searing pain shot through your head. It finally accrued to you that you were hit. In you last flash of the world, you saw your dad crying. Daryl was flinching with each hit. Tears were streaming down everyone's face. The hits kept coming till you could no longer hear the cries. The last word hears were, "I'm sorry." Daryl's voice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hilltop Daryl's P.O.V

The cell was horrible. The whole time all I could think about was Y/n. Looking at the man that killed my only lover and his daughter. It was torture. I remember everything we ever did together. I keep going through the 3 greatest times we shared. Hilltop was a safe place to open these memories again.

#1 When we met

She was wondering through the woods near our camp. I don't know what it is about her but she was just so fascinating. "Hey! Who are you?" I guess I could have said that a little nicer. "Y/n. Please don't shoot me. I don't want any trouble, just trying to survive." I giggled a little and offered her my hand. "I'm not gonna shoot you, sweetheart." I took her back to our camp and introduced her to everyone. She slept in my tent from day 1.

#2 Our 1st 'I love you'

We both had a long day. It was just like every other day. I was in her cell on her bed. My head was on her chest. My arms were wrapped around her small body. The same body that I loved to hold. Our legs were tangled together. Her hands were running through my hair. I looked up at her tiered face and opened my mouth. But before my words could come out, she stopped me. "I love you, Daryl." I was quick to respond because it was a no brainer. "I love you too, Y/n." She smiled and pulled me up for a kiss.

#3 When I proposed

I was busy all day planning the surprise. The day I would propose to Y/n. Man, just saying that name makes me happy. I knew I loved her and I wanted her to know that too. I was waiting for her in her room. I told Deanna to send her up when she was done. The door slowly opened. "Daryl? Can I come in?" I giggled because it was her room. I got down on one knee. "It's always open." She walked in and gasped. I was waiting for her to finish her little breakdown. "Yes!" My heart stopped. I was so exited to start my family. "I love you, Y/n. More than you can ever imagine."

She died before we could get married. She died with my heart and ring. She died with my unborn child. I will never have my family.

This song is The Scientist by Coldplay