Right Next To Me - Tom Hiddleston One Shot

Title: Right Next To Me

Character(s): Actor!Tom and OC named Katie; Actor!Benedict with OC Jennie

Genre: Romance, Fluff

Rating: PG-13 for sensuality and swearing.

Summary: Two tipsy couples head out to a small club for a fun night out, full of dancing and singing

A/N: Currently listening to Next To Me, by Emeli Sande, a song that never fails to get me hype and excited, and a voice that never fails to amaze and inspire me. I couldn't get the picture of Tom and Benedict dancing to this song out of my head, so I wrote this.

--------------

They were all laughing, giddy with the natural boldness drinks seemed to bring them. Tom smiled, kissing his girlfriend of two years, Kate, on the cheek rather affectionately, while the younger woman blushed, embarrassed. Ben, on the other hand, was the one receiving the attention from his partner. Jennie, his new blonde sweetheart, was nipping his neck, her slim hands sliding up and down his thigh haphazardly. Ben would grab her hand every time she got too close to his groin, but Jennie knew he was enjoying himself.

Clearing her throat, Katie spoke up, sensing that everyone was becoming a bit too passionate and would soon want to run off and find a room for the night to finish what they were starting here. But she didn't want the night to end just yet. Tom would be leaving with Ben in the morning for a new project, and it was the last time she'd see the two of them for a month. So, she gently pushed a disappointed Tom away, giving him a light peck on the cheek before looking at her best friends across the table.

"Jennie? Ben?"

Benedict's eyes that were half closed in pleasure snapped open and he sat up, running a hand through those long brown waves. His arm unwrapped around Jen's shoulder, forcing her to turn her face to Katie.

"Hmm?" Was the smooth reply from Tom's best friend, who had a soft smile on his handsome face. Ben, had been a bit hesitant in accepting Tom and Kate's relationship in the beginning. He felt very protective of Tom and did not was to see him get hurt. But, as he looked at Katie now, he could only see how lucky Tom was.

"I know a little pub round the corner that we could go to. They've got karaoke, and there shouldn't be too many people there. Tom and I go there all the time." She proposed.

Tom nodded enthusiastically at Katie's suggestion, smiling. "Yes! It'd be such fun, Ben. Let's go!"

Kate laughed at his rather loud voice but then raised a brow at Jennie. "What do you think, eh?" She asked.

Jennie smiled widely. "Sounds brilliant." She was already applying more of her makeup and Katie laughed.

Moving to grab their things, the girls slid out of the restaurant booth first, while the gentlemen paid for their dinner. Then, hand in hand, they all walked out of the restaurant in London and walked to the aforementioned pub. Tom, pulling Kate to his side, whispered how lovely she looked tonight in her dress, though he'd said it about fifty times prior. Thinking it had to do with the liquor, she only brushed some of her brown hair from her eyes and smacked his bum, making him squeal.

Jen and Ben were behind them, Ben's fingers intertwined in Jen's, swinging their hands back and forth as they giggled and laughed about absolutely nothing.

It was a Sunday night, and, knowing that Benedict and Tom were going off to the land of movie magic the following morning, the girls decided they should all have one last hurrah.

Leaning her head on Tom's shoulder, Kate smiled, glad that she had this glorious man right next to her. Tom, kissed her forehead before continuing to tug her along to the pub which was less than a few yards away now.