Moments In Between - Tom Hiddleston One Shot

Title: Moments In Between

Character(s): Actor Tom and OC named Bree

Genre: Romance, Fluff

Rating: PG for sensuality

Summary: Tom and Bree are enjoying a lazy day.

A/N: This was poking around in my brain early this morning and I wasn't really in the mode to write for any of my main fan fictions so I settled for this one shot. And sorry, but it's another pregnancy fluff. I can't get the image of Tom with a pregnant woman out of my head.

-----------------

"Hey." She whispered quietly as she stretched and turned to face me, a soft smile on her face.

I pulled her even closer to me, if that was possible. My arms could no longer wrap fully around her waist now that she was in her third trimester. Her stomach would simply not permit us to be any closer to each other. She giggled at my failed attempt and closed her eyes again. Grinning, I kissed her eyelids, then her nose. I saved the best for last, placing a lingering kiss on the lips that bewitched me three years ago.

Bree knew me better than anyone. A cliche that every says that about their loved ones, but it's true. Every word of it. There are times that I wish I could see what she sees in me. A tall, gawky Brit with a horde of fangirls to boot, and somehow she's decided spending the rest of her life with me til death do us part wouldn't be such a bad idea.

The eyes of my beholder.

"Tom?" She asks, her eyes closed still.

"Yes, love?" I answered automatically.

Her fingers laced with mine and squeezed before her hazel brown eyes lazily opened. "Time. What time is it, babe?"

I watch the beginnings of worry start to take shape on her face as she realizes her alarm for the morning never sounded to wake her. Unbeknownst to her, however, I unplugged the damned thing last night.

"I wouldn't be so distraught over a couple hours worth of extra rest, " I reply with a smirk.

But Bree doesn't look very grateful as she props herself up onto her elbow.

"Tom, you have a shoot this morning." 

"I rescheduled it, love. I'm absolutely free today. Luke called the studio and everything."

She raises a dubious eyebrow. "Really? A free day?"

I nod, kissing her forehead which makes her laugh. "And I have planned the entire day."

Reluctantly, Bree visibly relaxes back into the pillow with an eye roll. She stretches again as I move the duvet away and get out of the bed. I go into the bathroom and turn on the shower before walking back over to my very pregnant wife.

"So what are we doing today?" She asks me as she struggles to get off the bed. I smile before placing one hand on her back and taking her other in mine to guide her down.

"Um, well I thought we would take a shower first." She smirked.

"Sounds good to me."

----

"This is fun." Bree said, and I could hear the amusement in her voice. I managed to turn around in time to catch her stiffling her giggles. "Very entertaining."

Pouting, I went back to the skillet where a semi-cooked pancake lay, deformed and dejected.

"I promise! I will flip a pancake for you if it's the last thing I do." I chuckled, scooping the thing out of the hot pan and into the sink. There were at least five other 'pancakes' in there, a glob of gooey batter and burnt bits.

"Yes." She breathed, smiling. "It does look like the last thing you'll ever do."

Bree got out of her chair, taking her tea with her and waddled around the counter to look into the bowl where the last of the pancake mix remained.

"Honey, you're almost out. I have a much better idea..." She whispered, looking up at me.

I frowned down at her, adjusting my apron. "Are you doubting my mad cooking skills, Bree?"

She laughed, wrapping an arm aroundmy waist. "Tom, you have always been the worst person to cook breakfast. I always cook breakfast, and then you cook everything else."

I smiled, grabbing her waist. "I resent that."

She grinned, kissing my cheek. "Yeah, I bet."

She moved away from me, walking towards the cupboard, leaving me to stare after her.

Those curves... it's was ungodly the way she walked. Her hips swishing back and forth, full arse in perfect synchronization with the rest lower body. She was currently in a pair of yoga pants and a baggy shirt, but I couldn't remember a time when she hadn't looked more sexy than she did right then.

"Babe." She said, a hint of amusement in her voice. "You're staring at me again, aren't you?" She asked, shuffling through boxes in the cupboard.

"No." I lied, turning my head back to the semi-burnt pancake on the stovetop.

She giggled, not bothering to turn at scowl at me. "Yours still a bad liar, Thomas."

I smiled before I could stop myself.

"I'm only staring because you're so beautiful. That's all. Promise."

Bree raised a brow but didn't argue, pulling out a small red box from the cupboard. It was the Devil's Chocolate Cake mix that we had been saving.

I immediately winced. "Oh, dear."

"What?" She asked, getting the ingredients and tools for the cake out.

"I cannot eat that, Bree. Corialinus has its opening night next week!" It seemed as though I was telling myself this more than Bree, who simply smirked.

"Calm down, Hiddles. I'm sure they won't burn you at the stake for having Devil's Chocolate waffles."

Bree looked up at me, a soft expression on her face. "It's only breakfast, honey. We can eat whatever you want for lunch. Promise."

I sighed, my stomach growling as I watched my wife pour the ingredients into a large bowl. I'd had her chocolate waffles before and they had indeed been worth the calories.

"You aren't even going to see if the pancake survives the fire?"

"Well, I've got a much better idea that your gooey mess over there."

I scoffed as I dumped my pancake in the trash, knowing it was hopeless.

"Someday, I'll flip a pancake for you, my dear, and then, for my reward, you'll have to kiss me."

Bree frowned my smug look, an amused look in her hazel eyes. "Tom, I already kiss you." She offered me the spoon that she had been using to stir the mix. It now covered in a thick chocolate paste.

I took it quickly, licking it. "Nope. You can't kiss me anymore until I flip a pancake."

Bree laughed. "I don't think that's such a good plan."

"Why not, love?" I asked, my mouth full of chocolate.

"Because." She pointed to her large stomach. "You're a bit frisky."

I smiled down at her, kissing her nose, which left a dime-sized circle of chocolate on her nose. Bree rolled her eyes.

"I'm sure you don't mind as much." I told her, kissing her lips.