"I'm Not Going Anywhere, Old Man" - TwelvexClara One Shot

Synopsis: After Clara has a fairly close brush with death and lands herself in the hospital, the Doctor is beside himself with fear for her well being and tries to get her to stay  him.

~

"And are you her father? Uncle, grandfather, perhaps?"

The nurse looked up at the Doctor who was slumped into the hospital chair with something like a deep resentment in his eyes as he regarded the nurse. "No, we're not related, for the last time." He sighed. "We practically look the same age," he mumbled.

The nurse tilted her head at the rugged man, frowning at the small cuts on his hands and face. He was so disheveled and dirty. "Would you like to rinse off in the loo, love? I could bring some fresh--"

"No." He rolled his eyes and scowled for a moment. "Is it really necessary that you talk to me while you check on her? Because I really don't think it's necessary."

The middle aged woman smiled despite the older man's grumpy disposition. "Just thought you'd like someone to talk to is all, sir." She replied evenly. "Must be quite hard to see your friend like this."

The Doctor's eyes drifted towards a sleeping Clara Oswald, wincing at her pale skin and the deep violet colored bruised that flecked across it. He remained quiet, his eyes returning to the nurse's.

She gave him a sympathetic smile before checking the last of Clara's vitals and tottering out the room.

He sighed and closed his eyes, remembering how they'd gotten here in the first place.

-

"Just keep your eyes open, Clara, the TARDIS is just around this corner."

The Cyberman spaceship was growing darker and darker by the second and the Doctor could barely see four feet in front of him as he quickly hurried through the corridors.

"I've dismantled the main power unit, but it won't be long before they've figured it out. Five minutes tops, maybe."

Clara, her brown eyes open but unseeing, stared up at the ceiling as he carried her, a small frown on her face.

"You left." She echoed again, making his footsteps falter. "I can't remember... but I remember you weren't there."

The older man frowned down at her, the bruises and bloody cuts on her body making his hearts ache. "I had to, Clara." I'm so sorry.

"I never thought you would and you did." She said, her eyes watering. "How could you lea--"

Clara blinked, her eyes refocusing for a moment as she looked up at him. "Doctor, where are we? Why is it so dark?!"

His hearts sank at her words, upset that she had lapsed once again. He shushed her, quickening his pace. "Just hang on, Clara. We'll get there soon, just keep talking to me."

She looked so confused, wriggling in his arms, her hands tightening on his jacket. She curled up against him once more and he tightened his grip on her, picking up his pace. He knew she was running out of time.

"Clara, keep talking to me." He urged, admittedly worried about her.

"Where are we, what happened?" She asked, swiveling her head around. She winced after a second. "My head... Did I run into something? I can't remember--"

"Clara!" The Doctor interrupted impatiently, his eyes squinting into the growing darkness, nearly running down the hallway. "You've been partially uploaded into a Cyberman, your short-term memory has been wiped and you keep forgetting what happened to you, but it was only ten minutes ago!"