Naming herself Nikki, the abandoned child made it her mission to change every Sybil's opinion about her and prove her worth.

"Don't talk about me like that", Nikki held the dagger tighter

"Or what? At least, I wasn't disposed of like garbage"

"They just misunderstand me, when I win the games, they will accept me. They will see that I'm just as important as everyone else in the tribe", she fought back the tears already swollen in her eyes

The girl tsked.

"Cry-baby Nikki. Don't you get it, they threw you away, win all the games you want, they will never accept you"

"No, that's not true", Nikki sobbed

"Garbage, reject, unwanted", the girl was so close to Nikki that they shared the same air and exchanged breaths.

"I said don't call me that!", Nikki yelled. Her topaz eyes screamed murder suddenly turning the dagger in her hands and quickly plunging its sharp edge deep into the girl.

The girl gasped and staggered back grabbing a hold of the dagger and pulled at it.

"See, you're even weak too!", the girl snared, she pulled out the clean blade, unstained with even the smallest speck of blood and tossed it to the ground next to Nikki's feet.

The blade hadn't left any mark at the spot where she had been attacked.

"you can't get rid of me that easily", the girl snickered.

"Don't be mean to her", another girl appeared behind Nikki. This version had sad, swollen eyes and her voice was mellowed out and a bit soothing.

"There's more?!", Nikki thought

"Of course there's more, but for this test only the both of us will be with you" the sad girl answered, reading Nikki's mind.

Nikki looked back and forth at the two versions of herself. Why hadn't the dagger worked on the mean girl? It looked sharp and shiny.

"Did the dagger make you?", Nikki directed the question to the sad girl.

"of course not dummy", the mean girl answered, "like she said, we are a part of you and we are here for your test"

Nikki was going to lose her mind in this test. She was at loss.

"please pull out from this test, it's not too late, you'll never best the others. In fact, you've already lost the test, just go back to the Mngwa cave and be happy, leave the city and never return. They'll never accept us", the sad girl pleaded

"Listen to sappy over there. You'll never be the Oracle, you'll never even get out of this alive because you have no skill. You lose, go home", the mean girl added

"I don't even understand this test", Nikki buried her face in her palms and sobbed.

"Pathetic", the mean girl spat out, like venom from a snake

"you should give up now while you still have a chance", the sad girl pleaded

Nikki had always been a loner since she came back into the city, nobody wanted to be friends with the girl that had caused the doom of the Sybil by destroying the only way they could multiply. Becoming the Oracle was her way of trying to get people to acknowledge her, to love her, to view her as important.

"No", Nikki shook her head and wiped her face

"Think Nikki, what's your test? There are two Nikkis here claiming to be part of you and a dagger. One is saying hurtful things to discourage you and the other is pleading that you should give up. Neither believes in you"

"You don't believe in yourself", something deep in her mind added

"Give up now", the sad girl pleaded

"You don't have a chance", the mean girl barked

She shut them both out. She needed to think. 'There's two of them and one of me. There's two of me...'

"I know, I have to kill one of you", Nikki announced, a little too excited considering she would literally be killing herself.

" I vote mean Nikki", the sad girl stopped sobbing for a while

"me? You should pick sappy. You need me, besides, you already tried to kill me and it didn't work", the mean girl retaliated

"Mean Nikki is right", Nikki picked up the dagger, "it didn't work on her"

"yes,", said the mean girl trying to sound tempting, "kill the sappy bitch, it would certainly work on her"

"I know what to do"

The real Nikki raised the dagger and with a smile on her face, she rammed the blade straight into her own heart.

Everything fades.