Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11 

I woke up by myself the next morning and it took some time to realise where I was until I felt the cold hitting my exposed areas which weren't covered by the quilt. I found a post it note where Xavier laid last night and moving my arms so I was still covered I grasped the note which was scrawled in his boyish hand writing, "Belle, sorry I'm not here with you but I have a radio interview to do this morning then some meetings later on tonight. Hope you have a good day though and I might see you tonight, Xavier x"

After a few minutes in peace and silence I get out of the warm makeshift bed, which was actually the most comfy beanbag I've been on, and find my clothes and shoes from last night. I walk downstairs and after making sure the hallway was cleared run back to my room dumping my stuff on the floor.

I dress into a pair of black leggings and a long grey cotton dress/T-shirt with rolled sleeves. I clip my music note necklace back on and chuck on my white high top converse.

Opening up my macbook and connecting to the mansions Wi-Fi again I check my Facebook before regretting the idea. I have messages from people at school and people I don't know. I have over a hundred new friend requests and many, many notifications. I reply to Lilly and a few acquaintances from school and try and avoid the hate messages. I double check my Facebook Settings fixing it up so that only Friends can message me and see my profile.

On Youtube I have over five thousand new subscribers and I was glad to see that they weren't all of Xavier's fans but people who genuinely liked my covers and who had found me because of my performance from last night.

Jono had emailed me a video clip and a short message saying, "Good job kid. I'm so proud of you."

Opening the video I see it's my performance from last night and I was honestly surprised at how confident I seemed after the first few times. I upload it on my Youtube channel where the response is almost immediate.

Closing my laptop I wonder next door to Roses room and dive onto her bed to wake her up. She groans and gives me a dirty look before falling back to sleep. I see that it's almost nine o'clock meaning it was almost breakfast time. I jump up and down on her bed, "Come on, let's go, it's breakfast time!" I sing.

She whacks me with a pillow so I belly flop on top of her.

"You're so annoying," she mutters. I grin, "I know." And then I push her out of her bed. She stands up trying to keep her balance as her eyes become accustomed to the light, "Why am I friends with you?" she mutters.

"Because you love me," I sing. She marches to her wardrobe and slams the door shut. I wait five minutes before she walks out fully dressed; with a smile.

"Hi Annie, how are you this morning?"

She's wearing a black T-shirt and short overalls with high top converses with the US flag printed onto it.

I glance at her and say, "Who are you and what have you done to Rose Carter."

She flips me the bird and we laugh walking downstairs.

After breakfast which was bacon and eggs in a bagel and was fabulous, we head out on our break, before the eliminations tonight, to walk through the main town. I needed a new journal to write more songs in so we stopped by a Newsagency which supplied stationary which we went into. I found a brown leather bound notebook and got a new Biro in case. As I went to the counter I saw Rose flicking through a magazine smirking.

Once I paid for the purchases she saw me head over towards her and she held the magazine cover up.

"Xavier has found his Cinderella!"