Chapter 11

Willow POV

"-and so Xander was like, "Don't you already have a lipstick? Why do you need another?" and I was like, "Well of course I have one lipstick. Don't you have more than one shirt?" so then he was all like, "Lipstick isn't a necessity like a shirt is." Of course, that made me so mad, and I was all in his face, being like, "That's so sexist! How do you know that that isn't a necessity to the modern woman, when you men force us into dresses and pantyhose and stilettos?" You should have seen the look on his face! He shut up after that." I sat behind the register in the Magic Box, listening to Anya drone on about her trip to the mall. All week I had been in a funk, and with my short temper and surly mood, Anya and Tara had been the only people who would put up with me. 

For days after the blowup with Spike, I had refused to get out of bed, instead lounging around eating Coco-Puffs out of the box and binging on Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream. Xander had come to see me a few days after my meltdown, convinced that what I needed was a good cheering up. Settling me onto the couch, he popped a huge batch of popcorn, and we proceeded to watch all of our favorite childhood movies, laughing at all the hidden innuendos that had sailed right over our eight-year-old heads. After a half hour of puppy eyes and pleas, bribes, and threats, he managed to convince me to face reality and come to work at the Magic Box.

So here I was, sitting on an uncomfortable wooden stool, in a store filled with pickled toad eyes and boiled mandrake root, listening to Anya babble endlessly about silly things, and thinking about Spike. Friggin Spike, the stupid, egotistical, cocky vampire that I had to friggin like. What was it with me? It appeared I had a self-destructive side that no one could stop- not even me. It was infuriating to know that despite the fact that I had a beautiful, loving girlfriend who meant the world to me, and a bunch of sweet, supportive friends, I stilled wanted him. 

Stupid British vamp. 

The doorbell tinkled, and in staggered Giles, his arms so full of musty old tomes that he couldn't see over the gigantic stack of books. 

"Anya, come help me with these!" panted Giles, swerving this way and that, trying to keep the books balanced. 

Glancing about absentmindedly, Anya held up her nails, staring at them in the dim light coming from the windows covered by dust covered sheets. 

"I can't. My nails are wet."

Suddenly, Giles tripped over a large purse sitting in the center of the floor. Arms and limbs went flying as he belly-flopped on the floor in a desperate attempt to catch the scrolls and ancient leather-bound books that sailed across the room. 

"Giles, are you okay?" I yelped, rushing over to help the stunned and disheveled librarian to his feet. 

"Yes, yes, I'm quite fine. Just a bit bruised perhaps." Wincing, he straightened up and quickly made his way over to rescue his beloved books. "Thank the gods. They all seem fine!" Squinting to inspect his babies, Giles took off his glasses and began polishing them on the edge of his sweater. 

"Ummm, Giles?"

"Not now Anya. I have to make sure these are all still intact. Some of these scripts are thousands of years old, and contain lot's of crucial information! Besides, you couldn't have bothered me while I was trying not to fall and was pleading for help?"

"No, Giles, look!"

"Anya, I do not have time to look at your nails!"

"GILES! Turn around!"

Whirling around angrily, Giles glared at Anya, only to have his face drain of all colour within seconds. 

"My God. The book."

Embedded deep into the far wall was one of the books, glowing with a dangerous light as molten metal oozed out of the wall.

*******************Heeeeeeeeyyyyy all! I'm back again with a brand new chapter of you favorie Willlow and Spike fic (oh wait, it's the only one)! Sorry it's so short, but I've gotta try and work myself back into my rhythem of writing. Annnnnyways, please vote, comment, and give me some feedback in the comments. If there's a scene you've been wishing for, or a line, or anything, feel free to request! I'm super excited to be writing again. 

Thank you all,

Ash