Chapter 7

Spike POV

"Dru, stop playing with the rats. They'll never leave if you feed them."

It had been two weeks since Drusilla and I had made our deal, and I tell you, she was driving me up the bloody wall. 

First thing he did after she moved in was take over the crypt's basement, where I kept my bed, clothes,  weapons, etcetera. She moved all my stuff to the couch, then proceeded to put her dolls on my bed, where I should have been sleeping. She also decided that I hadn't decorated enough, and put a bouquet of dying roses on the dresser, and hung decapitated birds in place of paintings. 

I have absolutely no idea what I had ever seen in her.

I hadn't slept in a week, nor eaten because Dru kept wasting my sodding blood on her demented dolls, trying to feed them, then waking me up with her yelling at them for "not being good girls for Mummy". I had also been driving myself crazy trying to think about what I should do about Willow. I was talking to Dawn in the Magic Box the other day (I was looking for a book on how to curse Drusilla), when she told me she was worried about Wil. Said she hadn't seen her in a couple weeks, and although Tara said she was just sick, Dawn felt otherwise.

"I just feel like she's not telling us something." Dawn complained as she scoured the shelves for a book for me. "She always helps me with any homework I have, but she's canceled every time I ask. Something's up."

I felt like I should tell Dawn not to worry, but how could I? She would want to know the whole story, and what if she told Buffy? Oh, I'd really be in trouble then. Miss Slayer would probably shove a stake somewhere very unpleasant if she heard that I had hurt Willow in any way shape or form. Then again, Buffy had just been waiting to do me in, ever since I broke it off with her. God, was she sore about it. it's not like I had taken advantage of her feelings for me. It's not like I was just screwing with her emotions. Good riddance.

Unfortunately, she seemed to be wearing off on me. Did I not just do the same thing to Willow? Mock her for her feeling about me? What a sodding mess.

     ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

"Spikey, do you want to come play? Lilly misses her Daddy when he's grumpy."

Drusilla pouted and came over to where I was sitting on the recliner, flipping through channels.

"Dru, bugger off. I'm not in the mood." 

She laid her hands on my knee, looking up at me with sad, puppy-dog eyes. 

"Oh, come have a little fun. We ought to go for a walk." She looked up dreamily towards the window. "It's a full moon. All the wee beasties will be out tonight, looking for a snack. Why don't we join them?"

"I told you. I can't hurt any humans with this bloody chip in my head! Plus, I'm good now. Fight with the Scooby gang and all? Any of this ring a bell?"

"Fine, I'll go by myself. Maybe I'll stop by and see the disgusting little girl." She smiled nastily. "I'm sure she'd like to play."

"Dru, I'm warning you-"

But she was already on her way out the door.

Bollocks.

"Drusilla, wait! I'll come on your sodding walk." I tossed on my trusty leather jacket, then sprinted out the door to catch up with her. She smiled, then turned and started to skip down the path singing, "Are you, are you, coming to the tree? A dead man called out, so his lover could be free. Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be, if we met, at midnight, in the hanging tree."

(Quick note- The song 'Hanging Tree' was part of the soundtrack for Mockingjay Part 1, and belongs to the Hunger Games franchise. I do not own this song, I just borrowed the lyrics)

          ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

We strolled around the graveyard for a while, and I must admit, Dru had me laughing at a couple points. I wasn't falling in love with her again or anything, don't get me wrong. But I did sort of miss our days together. We where on our way back to my crypt, when she turned to me, stopping in the middle of the well-worn path.

"Spikey, I missed you." Drusilla looked up at me, her eyes wide. She lowered her lashes seductively, then grabbed the front of my shirt. "Why don't you kiss me to make it all better?"

Suddenly, she kissed me, hard. At first I wasn't sure what to do. Dru might seem harmless, but she could snap my neck in the blink of an eye. I just stood there, not really kissing her back, but  I sure as hell wasn't pushing her away. Just then, I heard a loud gasp. 

"What the-?" I whirled around, only to see Willow stnding there, her arms full of groceries. Her eyes were welling up with tears. Dispite this, her face was full of anger and hurt. 
"Willow, wait!" I  walked towards her, but she turned away. I tried to grab her arm, when she fairly exploded.

"Don't touch me, you filthy liar! I can't believe you! First you act all sweet and protective, then you mock me for my feelings, and now you're with her! Gods, was I stupid! How did I ever see anything in you!"

"Hey now, listen. It's not what you think! She's just staying with me. It's not like-"

"Oh please! Like you aren't attracted to her or something! Why else would you let her stay? Does she kill for you? Poor little Spike, can't even get a decent meal without someone doing the dirty work for him!" Willow was mad. I could see her hair was starting to blow around her shoulder, even though there wasn't any wind. 

Magic follows emotion, and with her being this upset, it was just waiting to escape. Fortunatly, I was beginning to get upset also.

"I only have her staying with me to protect you! She threatened to hurt you if I didn't help!"

"Sure! Just stay away from me! I never want to see you again" Her hair was whipping around violently, and tears were streaming down her face.

She started to run towards Buffy's house, when she turned and said, "No one want's the monster, huh? Well, it looks like you've got her!" 

****Hey guys! Sorry about the short chapter! I was really busy this week soooooo.... Anyways, quick shoutout to MinasZervos, who is one of my most dedicated followers! Thanks for the awesome cover page, and for being awesome in general! Thanks to everyone else for following also! Bye y'all!***********