Round One

Congratulations to all the chosen participants! Are you ready for round one? This round is all about first impressions. Of course people say "never judge a book by its cover", but come on! That's the first thing we do, isn't it? Our first impression of a book helps us decide if we want to bother reading or not.

What you'll need to make it past this round:

A good cover; we want to see something original, pleasing to look at, and that matches your description. 

A well written synopsis; no grammar mistakes, not too short or too long. (although too long is better of those two options) Your synopsis should tell us the plot and about the characters without giving away spoilers. It should be interesting! 

Why are those things important?

If your cover is well designed, original, and eye catching, then that's exactly what it will do! Catch people eyes. Everyone is drawn to a pretty cover, and we naturally think that books with good covers are going to be good books, don't we? On the other hand, when we see a book with a mediocre cover, we're less likely to check it out. It doesn't have the same appeal. 

After your cover attracts a reader, they'll look at your synopsis. You need to put your best  writing into this! If you don't make them want to read, they won't read. A synopsis is a little 'sneak peek' into how an author writes. If it's boring or has mistakes, chances are the book is boring and mistake filled too. Don't let that be you! A good synopsis usually has 150+ words, it always uses proper grammar, and it might even leave a little mini cliff hanger which will make the reader feel the need to read the book because they just have to find out more.

Contest Stars!

What is a "Contest Star"? Well, we will be picking ten people who we think excelled in the aspect that each round is looking at. Good examples for people to look to. So for round one the ten people who we think have the most beautiful covers AND well written, intriguing blurbs will be crowed round one Stars! 

You have one week to make sure your covers and synopsis' are in tip-top shape. Then we will start judging. Good luck! (Which means March 4th we start judging)