Preface

(EDITED) 

Innocence is a virtue, or so I have been told. In reality innocence is only a mirage, a delusion thought up by the naive people. With my large, clear blue eyes I was apart of that illusion, and I used that to my advantage. I easily trapped the wolves in my snare of lies, simply with my eyes. My eyes was what brought them to me, and my blood was what kept them trapped. There was something about it, the smell being so enthralling to the wolves that they would become obsessed. I used my blood to my advantage but that was not always the case. Throughout my family history, the women were hunted down like animals simply because the wolves could not resist themselves. This alone was enough to make me want to hunt the wolves down, but it was one incident, four years ago, that lead me to the path that I am on currently.

I was only fifteen, only a child, when my mother was murdered in front of me. She had warned me that it would happen, she warned me. I simply thought she was crazy. But, when those wolves tore her body apart in front of me I realized that all of her babbling, all of her driveling meant something. It made me wish I had paid attention to it all, but it was too late.

I have been hunting the wolves since then, for my mother and for my family.

A crack echoing through the night pulled me from my memories. A chill went through the air, causing me to tighten my blood red coat closer to my body. At this time of the night the streets were empty, other than myself and the creature that was currently stalking me. I was the middle of winter, and the snow was falling peacefully to the ground in a white haze. I was about to taint the purity with a little bit of red.

I walked slowly across the street, towards the forest. I did not enter it, but rather I lingered near the edge, simply tempting my predator. Since the street lights were on, illuminating the night, I knew that he would be in his human form so that he would not draw any unwanted attention to him. Not that there was anyone to witness what was about to happen.

As another crack broke the silence, I paused. My eyes were wide as they darted around me, looking nervous. I wrapped my arms around my waist, inside of my jacket as if I were too cold, but in reality it was so that my hands could be on the hilts of the two knives currently strapped to my waist. I was alway prepared with my knives.

"Hello?" I called out, my voice feigning fear. "Is anyone out there?"

I could hear a deep chuckle escaping the forest from behind me. I quickly turned around to see a large man leaving the safety of the forest.

"Little girl, why are you wandering the streets all alone?" He asked with a smirk placed confidently on his face.. He easily towered over my five-foot-five. He was wearing only a thin jacket and jeans, reminding me that wolves could thrive in even arctic environments.I knew that underneath the thin layers of clothes there were tight muscles that were coiling in excitement. His dark brown eyes were locked on my quivering lips, and were wide with anticipation. In those eyes I could see my reflection and how vulnerable I looked to him. He was about to get a rude awakening, and I would be the one to deliver it.

"I'm heading to my grandmother's house." I replied, but I did not let my innocent exterior crack. I wanted to toy with him. His next response took a moment, and I knew that it was because he was reconsidering who I was, but in the end he could not deny how innocent my eyes looked.

"Well, allow me to show you a short cut." His eyes sparked with lust. I could see his nostrils flaring, and I could tell that he was going to lose control soon. Such a weak wolf.

"Could you? It really would save me sometime." I smiled wider, my full lips pulling up to reveal perfectly white teeth. He closed the distance between us to the point where I could smell the pine scent. After hunting wolves for more than three years I had grown accustomed to the forest scent that emanated from them, but every once in awhile it still sent chills through my body.

When he made the move closer to me, he had unknowingly placed himself exactly where I had wanted him. I prefered being closer to the wolves before I attacked for many reasons. The first being my speed; I was faster than the large wolves. Also, when I was close to them the scent of my blood made them clumsy

My hand clasped around the hilt of my knife, and my muscles prepared themselves. He barely had a second to register my movement before my knife was slicing his jugular open. Blood began to pour out of his wound and a strange sound came from his mouth as he choked on his own blood. To ensure that he was fully dead I slammed my knife into his chest, directly into his heart, until the hilt connected with his skin. I tore it out creating a larger wound and causing blood to splatter in the snow. He fell to the ground and the blood began to pool around him. His blood was still hot, causing the layer of snow around him to melt. Once I was sure that he was dead, I pulled out my phone in order to call Christian.

"A new body has been created." I stated, cleaning my knife off against the snow. I detested a bloody knife.

"I will be there in a moment," He started. "take your leave and make sure you get cleaned up."

"Yes, sir." I smirked. If this wolf had not allowed my outer appearance to deceive him, then he would still be alive. When will these wolves learn, never judge a book by its cover?