Chapter Two

"And then she decided it was a good idea to jump on Jace like some sort of ape! I must stress, Dr Rodman, that your daughter does not seem to understand that she cannot be acting like an animal and injuring other students. This is not the first time Ivy has mistaken the classroom for a jungle and I fear I may have to take more permanent actions to sort out this issue."

Swinging my feet back and forward, I looked at the floor, refusing to look up at Dad or at the principal. It had been about an hour ago that this meeting started. The principal shouted at me in front of Jace's parents, in front of Edward's parents and all me and Dad did was listen to her constant rambling. She just wouldn't stop.

Having enough of her nonsense, I leaned my head back completely, letting out a very loud sigh.

"Dr Rodman?", she all but yelled. I looked to Dad with a pout, hoping he would still see me in a less...devilish light. He looked at me in the eyes, his expressionless facade unwavering.

"I'll take her home", he said, not even bothering to look back at the principal. I hopped off of the chair, looking at the ground the entire way out of the school and into the car. Holding my arms up, Dad buckled my seat belt, but I still didn't look at him. He was so angry with me.

After a few minutes of sitting in the car and biting my nails until they began hurting, I decided I was going to apologise. I opened my mouth to speak, but closed it. I took a deep breath, opening my mouth again, but closing it once again. I sighed, opening my mouth as I prepared to apologies.

"You aren't even going to apologise?", Dad spoke, cutting me off before I could speak.

"I was just going to!", I exclaimed, holding my arms up in disbelief.

"Don't pull that stunt with me, Ivy", he warned, looking at me through the rear view mirror. I closed my mouth, laying my head against the car seat and deciding the view outside was much better than Dad's face.

"I'm sorry", I mumbled, quietly. He didn't say anything else but I knew he heard me. "But they were bullying Arthur again."

He sighed, and I knew he knew that I didn't purposely pick the fight. He couldn't argue with me about that.

"There are other ways to beat bullies, Ivy", he told me. I rolled my eyes at his response.

"Like what? Telling the teacher?", I asked, sarcastically.

"You are such a smart-mouth", I heard Dad mumble under his breath.

"I get that from you", I responded.

"Oh, you're giving me attitude now? You think I'm letting you off easy, you've got another thing coming..."

And on and on he spoke.

I stepped out of the car, slamming the door shut behind me. During a 10 minute car ride, I had managed to get myself in more trouble than I'd ever been in my whole life.

"Are you serious, Ivy? Slamming doors now?", he yelled behind me.

I screamed in frustration, stomping my feet on the grassy lawn and marching inside the house. I slammed that door shut too, not caring about what my Dad thought anymore.

"Who's there? Julliane, is that you?"

I sighed, watching as Grandad stumbled out of the living room in alarm.

"It's me Grandad. Ivy. There's no Julliane in this house", I told him, hugging him around his legs. Tears formed in my eyes and my vision became blurred, but I refused to let go.

"Is everything okay? Aren't you getting late for school?", he asked. I ignored his questions. Poor Grandad never knew what he was talking about. I grabbed his hand and led him inside the living room, sitting him on his chair. I climbed up and onto his lap, leaning against him with silent tears running down my cheeks. The one thing I loved about Grandad is whenever I was sad, he was the best at comforting me.

I heard the front door open and I assumed it was Dad who was walking in. He entered the living room looking at my crying state and then at Grandad. He looked at me apologetically, but I didn't even want to look at him. I turned to push my face into Grandad's chest as he stroked a hand over my head in reassurance.

"Im...heading back to work. I'll see you in a bit", he said, calmly.

I was never talking to him again.

A few hours later I came to realise that I had fallen asleep on grandad's lap. Looking up at him, he'd also nodded off. So, as carefully as I could, I got off of his lap and decided I should get something to eat because I was starving.

Looking through the cupboards, I took out a loaf of bread, Doritos and Nutella. I put I finger on my lips, contemplating between a Doritos sandwich or a Nutella one.

After a long, hard think, I decided I'd make a Nutella sandwich with only a sprinkle of Doritos. This was my special recipe and it was delicious.

My sandwich was a lot more bigger than it was meant to be, but no worries. I lifted it to my mouth, taking the biggest bite out of it as I could manage. I chewed it for a few seconds, before opening my jaw and letting it fall out of my mouth and on to the kitchen floor. That was disgusting.

"I'm home", Dad said as he walked through the front door. All arguments forgotten, I ran to the front of the house in excitement, my feet pattering loudly against the floors of the house.

"HEY DAD", I yelled, stopping in front of him, slightly out of breath. I grinned at him with all my teeth, waiting for him to greet me back.

"Shhh, I've got someone with me today", he whispered, holding a finger to his lips. I furrowed my eyebrows, who?

Dad lifted a box from behind him, carrying it carefully as he walked to the kitchen. I ran after him quietly, eager to know who he brought home in the box. He placed it on the dinner table.

I stood up on one of the kitchen chairs, waiting for him to reveal its contents.

The lids of the boxes unfolded to reveal the cutest monkey I'd ever seen. It was so tiny, wrapped around within the blankets as it slept silently. As if sensing my stares, the baby opened its eyes, revealing the most prettiest pair of orbs I'd ever seen.

"Is it a girl or a boy", I whispered, not moving my eyes from the newborn.

"A boy", Dad whispered back.

I leant my hand down into the box, stroking it's soft fur. The ape took a hold of my finger, looking at me directly in the eyes.

"Cool. A baby brother", I whispered back, mesmerised.

"What, no", Dad whisper-yelled. I ignored him, smiling down at my new brother, amazed when he returned the gesture. Grandad also joined us, admiring the creature in the box as I was doing.

"Now you've got a little brother", Grandad told me, patting me lightly on the back.

"Don't encourage it, Dad. I don't even know how long he's staying here", Dad retorted.

"Caesar", Grandad continued. I grinned up at him, proud of him for accepting him in to the family. I snorted as Dad face palmed himself, clearly stuck on what decision to make. Looking back down at the baby animal, I couldn't help but stare at his awesome eyes.

"Hello, Caesar."

I want to write this story but it depends on what I feel like to be honest.

And also if I get good feedback if any.