Table of Contents

Note: These stories are in the process of being written and edited.  I will try to update as often as possible.  Please feel free to comment or message me with an mistakes or errors you find - or if you just have a suggestion or input! Thanks for reading :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Book 1: The Voices

This book takes place in the 1930's during the Great Depression.  Leah is a young teenage girl who suffers from both schizophrenia and mild paranoia.  This story explores her and her family's struggles as they try to cope with these issues in a time where 'crazy' people were locked away and terribly mistreated.

Book 2: These Chains Be Draggin' Me Down

This book begins in 1862 during the Civil War.  Rebekah is an African slave trying to learn to deal with her extreme anxiety.  With the entire country in an uproar and families constantly being torn apart, will she be able to keep her anxiety under control or will the weight of her burden be her downfall?

Book 3: The Art of Perfection

This book is set in 16th century France during the French Renaissance.  It follows the story an of an extremely talented autistic artist and sculptor.  He yearns to share pass on his knowledge and abilities to his students but will they ever be capable of meeting his high standards of perfection?  In a era where realism in portraying the human body was a main focus, many artist go through extreme lengths to reach that point of perfection - but some are willing to go much further than others.  

Book 4: An Empire Falls... And Rises

The year is 45 BC and the Roman Empire, run by Julius Caesar is greatly expanding.  Marcus, a war general, is known throughout the land for his ruthlessness.  Many say he may even be a bit crazy.  With no one to understand his violent mood swings, bipolar Marcus gains quite a reputation, but when even the Emperor takes notice will he be able to prove himself a worthy warrior?

Book 5: One Man, Four Hats

Living in the 1870s during what is known as the Wild West is hard for anyone.  However, for some it is harder than others.  William Graysmith is well established and prominent member of the community.  Billy Stone is a ruthless, thieving outlaw with a grudge to settle.  Will Lee is a cattle farmer, who is just trying to make ends meet.  Then there's Willie Jacobs, a nosy, but reclusive, journalist who senses that these men have more in common than you would think.  One Man, Four Hats explores the different personalities of a man with dissociative disorder in the harsh, unforgiving Wild West.

Book 6: Why Art Thou Cast Down, O My Soul?

It is 1200 AD in medieval England and Marion has been sent to live in a nunnery by her father.  Her family seems to be certain that the chaste life of a devotee is just the thing to cure Marion of her 'affliction'.  Suffering from depression and unable to meet the requirements of her fellow nuns, Marion struggles to understand her place in life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: While all the mental disorders mentioned above and portrayed throughout this book are real, the characters are not.  I have done my best to portray each of these as realistically and accurately as possible.  These descriptions should not be considered professional or be used as a diagnostic in anyway.  If you feel that you are experiencing any of the symptoms described here, please contact a medical expert immediately.  If you feel that the disorders and/or symptoms of the disorders have been inaccurately portrayed in any way, please feel free to message me with any feed back.  Thank you.