My First Valentine - Part 2

My First ValentinePart 2: Day of Hearts

My First Valentine
Part 2: Day of Hearts

After hitting my alarm for the fourth time, I think maybe that I'm awake. With bleary eyes, I check the time on my phone and bolt up in the bed. I have less than 30 minutes to get to class and it takes at least 10 to get to the classroom. Sadly, that means no breakfast for me. My stomach protests loudly. Sometimes, I really hate not being a morning person. Grumbling about that insane project from last night keeping me up, I manage to crawl out from under the covers

A luke warm shower, the basics of decent hygiene, some debatably clean clothes, and I'm ready to run with fifteen minutes to spare. After hiking my book bag up over my shoulder, I grab my wallet and keys and pull open the door. Turning to make sure it shuts properly, I notice a drink container filled with my favorite pink milk and a bag of food hanging from the outside handle with a small folded note attached.

Good morning, p'Arthit.
Happy Valentine's Day!
                 ❤Kong

"Thank you, Boyfriend!" Grabbing both, I quickly take a long pull from the straw sticking out of the drink and my stomach does a flipping happy dance. Honestly, I don't care if that guy gives me anything else for Valentine's. This breakfast today is the best thing ever, especially since I'm running late. "Shit! I'm late!"

I run the whole way to class and just barely make it before the professor locks the door. Out of breath and thankful I hadn't spilled any of my precious breakfast, I apologize with a wai and quickly find my seat. My friends snicker at me as I collapse into my chair.

"You really should train yourself to wake up earlier, ai'Arthit." Always the reasonable one, Knott claps me on the shoulder.

"Looks like he took the time to pick up food on the way. He couldn't have woken up that late." Prem commented from behind us.

"I didn't pick up food." This teacher, though a stickler about punctuality, doesn't mind if we eat in class as long as we pay attention and don't disrupt the others. I freaking love him! With an almost reverent air, I pull out the sandwich and take a large bite.

"Oooooohhhhhhhh... did your precious 0062 make a special delivery this morning?" Innuendo drips from every word out of Bright's mouth and I can feel the blush heating my cheeks. Of course, Bright catches it before I can hide my face or calm down. "No wonder you're in a better mood this morning than you were last night. N'Kongpob knows how to tame the beast."

"Shut up! You don't know what you're talking about. Nothing happened." The blush is getting worse and I can feel the burn to the tips of my ears. It's not that we did anything but we would have if that damn project hadn't interfered.

"That's true. I thought he was going to rip my head off last night over the phone when I called him." Not to be left out of the act, Prem just has to put his nose in, too. His smile is decidedly wicked as he looks over at me. "Did I interrupt something, ai'Arthit?"