My First Valentine - Part 1

Monday

Monday

Over the weekend there was a mass panic as guys and girls scrambled to make plans for the day most lovers and wannabe lovers look forward to every year. Flowers and sweets flew out of the shops as soon as they were on the shelves. It used to be a time that I never really thought much about, except for the bags of sweets I always ended up bringing home and never eating. I just didn't have the heart to reject the gifts and ruin the smiles, but at least they wouldn't go to waste. Unlike me, both of my older sisters have raging sweet-tooths and would make a point to visit home shortly after Valentines to make off with my untouched goodies.

This year is different. For the first time, I have someone to celebrate this special day for lovers. I'm strangely excited and more than a bit nervous. I also have no idea what to do to make this memorable and my loved one isn't helping the situation at all.

Sitting slouched in the uncomfortable library chair, I watch the man across from me as he steadily writes in his open notebook. Every once in a while, he turns a page or grabs another book from the stack next him before leaning over to continue writing. Even busy with school work and ignoring my presence completely, he is still the cutest thing I've ever seen and I find my eyes always drawing back to him.

"Kongpob, you're staring." Without looking up, p'Arthit comments sternly. "Focus on your work."

"But you are so much more interesting to look at, p'Arthit." Leaning forward, I rest my chin on my hand and grin over at him, enjoying the slight blush that tints his pale skin.

"Shut up and study. I refuse to have an idiot for a boyfriend." He glances up from his paper and smirks at me. "If I wanted that, I would have come onto ai'Bright ages ago."

I can feel my smile widen, practically splitting my face. Anytime p'Arthit calls me his boyfriend (and it's not often), it causes a zing straight to my heart and makes me feel giddy all over. We're sitting in a deserted part of the library so no one is there to hear him but he said it.

"I already finished my work." I admit sheepishly, setting the book I am holding on the table.

"Oi, then why are you sitting around here? You don't have to stay and keep me company." P'Arthit widens his eyes and points at the exit with his pen.

"I know I don't have to stay. I want to stay." Standing up, I move around the table to take the seat next to him. "I want to spend some time with you, even if it's sitting here quietly as you do assignments."

"You're not exactly being quiet, 0062." His blush deepening, p'Arthit ducks his head adorably and pretends to study the page in front of him but I can see the small smile he's trying to hide.

"Oh? And who started it, p'Arthit?" Getting close, my lips brush the top of his ear as I whisper and his eyes close on a shiver. My heart jumps at the sight and I move a little closer. "Do you really want me to leave you alone?"