Chapter Twenty-six|Long time, no see

(Edited ! Feel free to read) ~Song of the chapter "Lust For Life" by Lana Del Rey & The Weeknd bc this song is stuck in my head.

I had changed. Ever since that Sunday, I was a whole different person.

Two weeks had passed ever since and I was doing well.

I was smiling a lot more and I felt carefree. There were no nagging bad thoughts in my head, no questions I wanted the answers to. All I now wanted was to be with my friends and go back to old habits.

So being out on the sports field again, watching a lame football game, felt surprisingly good. Grace was still not allowed to watch the game, but at least she had found a new distraction. She was picking on her purple nail polish and dusting my backpack in the meanwhile, which was laying in front of her feet. Nathan was watching the game and Grace at the same time - don't know how he does that.

Colin had joined us as well and was sitting next to me. We were watching the cheerleaders practice new moves and one of them was constantly tripping over her own feet. My stomach was hurting from laughing so hard. All elegance and confidence had left the girl to be miserable at what she was doing. I did feel kinda bad for her but I remembered her face in the crowd of people that used to laugh at me, so I was fairly enjoying myself on her behalf.

"I never thought of coming out here, it is more fun than I expected" Colin said and I grinned.

"It wouldn't be fun to come here on your own, it's me that makes it fun" I jokingly said, making Colin chuckle.

"You're right though" he then agreed, his eyes very sincere about it.

"You're all having fun, I always watch my shoes !" Grace complained.

"Oh you better like watching other men then, huh ?" Nathan instantly switched to defence mode. Looking over at Colin, I rolled my eyes and Colin laughed.

"Yes, I enjoy looking at men. Last night I was drooling over Ian Somerhalder and I was very happy with myself" Grace spat back, making me laugh out loud. Nathan narrowed his eyes at her, pressing his lips into a thin line. This was his angry face.

"You were what !?" he demanded and Grace rolled her eyes.

"You heard right. No shame" Grace said, putting her hands up in defeat, "Don't act as if I don't know that you gush about Selena Gomez's butt."

"But I don't !" Nathan immediately protested, his cheeks turning a tad red.

"Nathan come on, no need to lie. I am on your phone more often than you think" Grace revealed, leaving me and Colin snickering in the background.

"I can't believe you !" Nathan exclaimed, looking lost for words. Poor guy had no clue.

"Can I now watch the game like any other human being ?" Grace asked, her voice almost begging.

"No ! We need to talk about this, drag your ass to the parking lot" Nathan told her, getting up and throwing his backpack over his shoulder.

"Leaving so soon ?" I asked only to be met with a cold stare. Woah someone was fuming.

"I am sorry guys, gotta take care of the cry baby" Grace said, rolling her eyes any following her boyfriend.

Turning to Colin, I expectantly looked at him.

"Wow" he began, "Are they always like this ?"

"Yes, ever since they're together" I confirmed, "It's horrendous. But also very entertaining, don't you think ? Almost like a cheap soap opera."